Re-Introducing Me And My Pack

Guest small_fortune

Guest small_fortune

I used to post on GT under the name mom2two but haven't been around much over the last couple of years (getting married, doing that boring work thing etc...) but recently we have a new addition to our pack and I thought it about time I caught up with what has been happening to my fellow GTers. Sky and Jet are my 6 year old littermate girls who have been with me since they were 16 months old and they now have a 'little brother' Ted. Ted was found wandering as a stray in Ireland at the start of December 09 and was taken in by Kerry Greyhound Connection - no clue as to his history but if not pure grey then he is at least very grey-esque! He is approximately 6 months old and just the most loving, friendly and clever little bundle of naughtiness. I have to admit that his ears and eyes make us wonder if there isn't some Pharaoh Hound in the mix...any ideas?

Jan10.jpg?t=1264002504

edited to add that mom2two no longer seemed appropriate - small_fortune is not only my girls' sire but also what they cost me! B)

Edited by small_fortune

Welcome back! Sky and Jet are looking wonderful! Ted looks like my Sammie, he is full blood greyhound and has those ears that stand straight up and his eyes look like Ted's. Sammie's brother Pistol has the same ears and our little Bebe's ears do the same thing.

Edited by JillysFullHouse

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

Guest small_fortune

thank you all for the welcome! yes, Ted does look rather Sammie with those ears and eyes - so perhaps he is pure grey after all, I guess only time will tell, he's such a little'un at the moment! makes my two girls look huge and they aren't big girls.

here's another pic of Ted, taken just after his bath so still looking a little bedragled in place :rolleyes:

Jan10091.jpg?t=1264084025

Welcome back! He must be Beanie on the group's website and what a cutie. He looks little to be all greyhound at six months. They sure have a stunning group of dogs available for adoption. I see they adopt to Belgium as well.

smokes.jpgcollect2.jpg

Pepper the lurcher, Smokey the longdog and Collect (Call Collect) the grey

Della Dee and AMF Achilles waiting at the bridge

Guest Frankendog

I'm certainly no expert but I definitely see something else in that gorgeous face. So wide on either side of the eyse, eyes slanting upwards...Ibizan Hound?

Guest small_fortune

Yes, he certainly is the pup formerly known as Beanie :colgate And I have to admit that I am still torn as to exactly what his heritage might be- one minute I think pure grey for sure but then there is those very almond slanted eyes and he is rather little - although not having had much to do with grey pups, I don't have much to measure him against. He stands 21" high and wears a size 22" coat....is that little for a 6 month old boy?

As for how gorgeous all their other hounds up for adoption are....put it like this,I had to tell them to pick a hound for me because left to me I would have wanted them all! :rolleyes:

I guess to me he looks small next to your girls. Also he sort of looks like he has already grown into his paws; can't say the same about the earsies. :wub: He looks to be the size of my longdog Smokey who is a grey/whippet mix and looks like a shrunken down greyhound. As the time we adopted him as a puppy, a stray picked up in Birmingham and likely bred by travelers, the rescue warned us that they did not know how big he would grow. Gotta laugh, he is 40 lbs soaking wet at 5 years old. :lol Ted does have the cute almond eyes but I have seen greys that have that look.

smokes.jpgcollect2.jpg

Pepper the lurcher, Smokey the longdog and Collect (Call Collect) the grey

Della Dee and AMF Achilles waiting at the bridge