More "old Man" Behavior For Sparks?

Wonder

It's interesting to see how much Sparks is changing as he ages

He wants attention a lot now- he used to be a loner

I've noticed him mothering the boys- he will lick their legs (I suspect where they have pee on their legs) and clean them up

Today he walked out of the kitchen and was pooping while walking- that's a first huh.gif

I guess he had to go

None of these things are complaints-just interesting to see how he's changing with age

How have yours changed with age?

ps he's eating like a horse this week and last week wasn't eating much again :(

He also peed twice in the livingroom this week while I was at work yet hasn't peed in months

gallery_2213_3086_11460.jpg

Kari and the pups.
Run free sweet Hana 9/21/08-9/12/10. Missing Sparks with every breath.
Passion 10/16/02-5/25/17

Can't attest to the other things, but the pooping while walking, is a common symptom of LS which I know you have said he has. :(

Gentle smooches to sweet ol' Sparks. :kiss2

gallery_4518_2903_2157.jpg
~Aimee, with Flower, Alan, Queenie, & Spodee Odee! And forever in my heart: Tipper, Sissy, Chancy, Marla, Dazzle, Alimony, and Boo. This list is too damned long.

Can't attest to the other things, but the pooping while walking, is a common symptom of LS which I know you have said he has. :(

I didn't know that- thanks

Going to give him so smooches from you right now!

Kari and the pups.
Passion 10/16/02-5/25/17

I didn't know that- thanks

Going to give him so smooches from you right now!

I was going to say that, 'cause my George was diagnosed with LS. He hasn't gotten to that point yet, but that's what the vet told me.

Not really looking forward to it, but what can you do?

Hamish-siggy1.jpg

Susan,  Hamish,  Mister Bigglesworth and Nikita Stanislav. Missing Ming, George, and Buck

Aw, give him a smoochie or four from me, too, OK? I'm glad he's eating. Hope the pee and poop incidents are few and far between.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

He says thanks for the smooches

16963_264286892582_527687582_3837568_8241511_n.jpg

Aw that's my sweet boy! :wub:

Yes, loss of bowel control is not uncommon as LS progresses. I suspect they sort of lose sensation back there and don't even realize they're pooping. :(

gallery_4518_2903_2157.jpg
~Aimee, with Flower, Alan, Queenie, & Spodee Odee! And forever in my heart: Tipper, Sissy, Chancy, Marla, Dazzle, Alimony, and Boo. This list is too damned long.

Guest greysonly

Sparks is adorable. :kiss2 How old is Sparks? Jazz got real snuggly when he got older. When he was younger he never kissed. But started kissing me as he got older.

Sparks is adorable. :kiss2 How old is Sparks? Jazz got real snuggly when he got older. When he was younger he never kissed. But started kissing me as he got older.

He will be 12 in March. Thanks, I think he's adorable too. He's my perfect boy who taught me about greyhounds and started this crazy love affair.

The winter before I bought my house (3 winters ago- we lived in a townhouse with a long flight of stairs) I thought it was his last winter. It sure seemed like he was going down hill, didn't want to move much, wasn't interested in anything and it scared the crap out of me. The vet said he didn't want him doing stairs anymore or jumping so I bought a house that he didn't have stairs (other than 3 patio stairs) and my bed is on the floor now. That summer, it was like I had a new dog! The last 2 years have been amazing. The vet even said at his last annual (last summer) he's in great health and expected another few years from him which shocked me.

His LP seems to have progressed more than the LS. His bark is pretty weird sounding at times.

Just want to say again that I don't care about his accidents in the house at all- just find it interesting how he's changing with age

Edited by Wonder

Kari and the pups.
Passion 10/16/02-5/25/17

I was going to say that, 'cause my George was diagnosed with LS. He hasn't gotten to that point yet, but that's what the vet told me.

Not really looking forward to it, but what can you do?

I didn't know George had been diagnosed with LS... I'm sorry but glad you know what is coming.

Amy and Tim in Beverly, MA, with Chase and Always missing Kingsley (Drama King) and Ruby (KB's Bee Bopper).

Guest Energy11

I LOVE seniors! When in Florida, we were with GPA Senior Sanctuary of Fla. We adopted Dasher, 13, (*whom we had eight wonderful months), and Dasher, 11.5 (*whom we had for 1.5 years :-))

Yes, seniors do have some different behaviors. Sparks is HANDSOME! colgate.gif

You give that sweet old man a kiss from me too. He is one of my very first GT crushes. I've noticed as my pups are getting older they are getting for clingy and want more affection than my younger ones.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

Aww, it is interesting to observe their changes.

Echo too has changed significantly since we brought her home. Though she still gives the "youngins" a run for their money, and still sass' me whenever she can.

Funny enough, however. She went the other way. She's more of a loner now, than she was a few years ago (she hasn't slept in our bedroom in 2 years).

One of the most poignant changes that I've noted is weightloss/muscle loss. Atlas shows this more than the others, and he definitely isn't the big dynamo that he was at age 4 (he'll be 11 in July).

Jennifer and Beamish (an unnamed Irish-born Racer) DOB: October 30, 2011

Forever and always missing my "Vowels", Icarus, Atlas, Orion, Uber, and Miss Echo, and Mojito.

Guest TaraCoachCougar

Coach became more attached moving with me from room to room during her last years.

Cougar, who used to be the snuggle hound and followed me around, has gone the opposite way and for the most part keeps to himself now. It's really noticable since spleen removal surgery back in June. He will get in the bed with us a couple times each night, but he prefers it when we aren't in there.

The biggest change in both were how healthy they were when they were younger. With age, it seems the medical challenges never end. Being in my 30's now, it really hits home how that is going to eventually happened to me!

I'm glad to hear someone else has their mattress on the floor. He does still have to do the 4 steps to the yard with his LS though. ;)

I'm glad to hear someone else has their mattress on the floor. He does still have to do the 4 steps to the yard with his LS though. ;)

I had the stairs custom made just for him when I had a patio door added. The carpenter thought it was pretty cool that I was thinking of my dog when getting the stairs made :)

They are really wide and I plan to add a ramp this summer.

Kari and the pups.
Passion 10/16/02-5/25/17