Bee Wiseman's Red Eye

Bee Wiseman's eye was very red when I got home from work today. It does not seem to bother her. In the pictures you can see that this is the eye that is impacted with pannus. (She sees a veterinary opthamologist for this condition.)The red streak and the redness all around the eye are new, though.

Maybe she scratched the eye with her paw? Do I run her over to the vet tomorrow? Burke put some Optimmune Ointment on her eye to soothe it. Any thoughts? Thanks.

IMG_0948.jpg

IMG_0950.jpg

Edited by 45MPHK9

4894718087_9910a46faa_d.jpg

Tricia with Kyle, our senior mutt dog 
Always missing Murray MaldivesBee Wiseman, River, Hopper, Kaia, and 
Holly Oaks Holly
“You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows.“          -Bob Dylan

I would keep a very close eye on it and see how it's doing in the morning. If it doesn't look any better or if it starts to bother bring her to the vet. If it starts to look a lot worse or really starts bothering her I'd bring her to the e-vet. Good luck. I'll be thinking about her.

I don't think it's an emergency tonight. I'd give Bee Wiseman's (love that name) Opthamalogist a call tomorrow. It could be that the pannus has gotten worse and is just now noticeable. I've had this happen before. It seemed to have gotten worse in a day. May just need to increase eye drops.

scootersig_A4.jpg

Pam with greys Avril, Dalton & Zeus & Diddy the dachshund & Miss Buzz the kitty

Devotion, Jingle Bells, Rocky, Hans, Harbor, Lennon, NoLa, Scooter, Naomi and Scout at the bridge

Guest Energy11

I don't think it's an emergency tonight. I'd give Bee Wiseman's (love that name) Opthamalogist a call tomorrow. It could be that the pannus has gotten worse and is just now noticeable. I've had this happen before. It seemed to have gotten worse in a day. May just need to increase eye drops.

Ditto on all of the above :-)

I took Bee to our regular vet today. (Our vet. optal. is out of the office until Feb.) The eye looked much better this morning but I wanted her looked at anyway. Most of the blood from last night appears to have been reabsorbed. The blood is not as defined as it was last night. The vet wasn't too concerned about this today but we will watch it. The vet said that the eye doesn't appear to be scratched and is not bleeding. The vet was also able to manipulate the eye without any apparent pain for Bee. If it doesn't look even better i will run her over to another vet. opthal. tomorrow. So that's where we are with this.

4894718087_9910a46faa_d.jpg

Tricia with Kyle, our senior mutt dog 
Always missing Murray MaldivesBee Wiseman, River, Hopper, Kaia, and 
Holly Oaks Holly
“You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows.“          -Bob Dylan

Sending good thoughts!

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

Guest myneedlenose

Happens to Mayhem all the time, he too has pannus, in both eyes. It tends to show up in the spring but can flare anytime. It resolves on its own, our opthalmologist has seen it and is not concerned.