Now That Maggie Has Left Us

Guest mbarson

Guest mbarson

MaggieintheSnow2.jpg

Now that Maggie has left us we would like to share some of the things that Maggie did for us. Maggie made us very happy with the way she acted around us and our seven other dogs. The first thing that we remember is the little woof she made in the early morning (6.15 am) to let us know that she wanted out. Maggie's back legs were very shakey and she never wanted to take walk with us; she would wait until we walked the rest of the group, first the four Whippets and then the three Borzoi. Breakfast time had some of our dogs making a lot of noise when they saw their food being made ready for them, but not Maggie, she would wait patiently for her bowl to come and then go into her pen to eat, when she was finished she would give us a warning that she had finished and wanted out. Maggie had her own pen to eat and sleep in. the gate was only closed at this time but during the day the pen was kept open for her to go into when she got tired of the other dogs. None of our dogs worried her too much and she didn't seem to care. Maggie was not the alpha dog of our group but they all gave a wide berth when she was sleeping. Maggie made us laugh when outside with her cavorting about in the garden pen (a large area for any sick dogs)when she wanted to come in she would would scratch the door screen (animal screening) and we would know all about it. We have such a lot of memories of Maggie and talk about her a great deal. We have a nice picture of her near our dining table which gives a nice view of our lovely girl. One of our Whippets, Tarquin, seemed to be mourning Maggiefor the first month trying to simulate the early morning wake up, unfortunately he had his time clock wrong for the first week, the wake up call started at 4.15 am the first morning but he has now given this up. Oh, Maggie, you gave us lots of fun times with us and we miss you a great deal.

Edited by mbarson

What a pretty girl she was, too :wub: . I'm sorry she's gone.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

what a beauty Maggie was...that distinguished grey muzzle. Reminds me so much of my heart, Scooter. I had to smile when you said she'd scratch the door to come in.

Prayers for peace and comfort.

Soar high Maggie....

scootersig_A4.jpg

Pam with greys Avril, Dalton & Zeus & Diddy the dachshund & Miss Buzz the kitty

Devotion, Jingle Bells, Rocky, Hans, Harbor, Lennon, NoLa, Scooter, Naomi and Scout at the bridge

wow, was Maggie ever beautiful! I'm so sorry for the loss of your very special girl flowers_red.gif

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

I am so sorry.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Great memories you have to reflect on. Maggie was a special girl and was a lucky girl that you took a chance on her and brought her home.

Run with all the Angels baby girl

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

I am so sorry for your loss of Maggie and hope that your memories bring you much peace and comfort.

:f_pink:f_white:grouphug:brokenheart:gh_lay:brokenheart:grouphug:f_white:f_pink

SunnySophiePegsdon.jpg

When a relationship of love is disrupted, the relationship does not cease. The love continues; therefore, the relationship continues. The work of grief is to reconcile and redeem life to a different love relationship. ~ W Scott Lineberry

Always Greyhounds Home Boarding and Greyhounds With Love House Sitting

I'm so sorry. :cry1

Edited by galgrey

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown