Osteosarcoma

Guest GryffinSong

Guest GryffinSong

Possibly the worst news a greyhound owner can receive, and I heard it an hour ago. Gryffin almost certainly has bone cancer in his right shoulder. We're sending the films to my surgeon in Spokane, but there's really not much doubt. She gave me tramadol and previcox for pain, and I'm to give him pepcid AC a half hour before the previcox to mitigate any stomach issues.

I'm a mess. My beautiful, wild-hearted boy!!!

I've just spent nearly a year fighting breast cancer and to hear that I'm going to lose my heart dog to cancer just has me sick at heart.

Hugs to all who are dealing, or have dealt with this terrible disease.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am so sorry. Who are you using for a vet in Maryland, if I may ask? I am not sure where you are located.

gallery_16605_3214_8259.jpg

Cindy with Miss Fancypants, Paris Bueller, Zeke, and Angus 
Dante (Dg's Boyd), Zoe (In a While), Brady (Devilish Effect), Goose (BG Shotgun), Maverick (BG ShoMe), Maggie (All Trades Jax), Sherman (LNB Herman Bad) and Indy (BYB whippet) forever in my heart
The flame that burns the brightest, burns the fastest and leaves the biggest shadow

Guest GryffinSong

My regular vet is Dr. Maturo in Upper Marlboro, MD. My surgeon (who saved my Italian greyhound's leg after another vet botched a repair) is going to review the films. His name is Dr. Lawrence, and he's in Spokane, WA. Now I'm off to share some ice cream with Gryff. Thanks, Burpdog, for the suggestion!

I cannot express how very sorry I am to hear this. We just lost our sweet Smiley to this %@ of a disease. Please know that I am sending you many gentle hugs and many prayers that you will have many wonderful days together still. I'm so, so sorry.

I'm so very sorry. :cry1 I hope the meds keep him comfortable for a good while.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

I'm really sorry to hear your news :(

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

I'm so sorry Karen. cry1.gifgrouphug.gif Give Gryffin a kiss for me.

Paula & her pups--Paneer (WW Outlook Ladd), Kira & Rhett (the whippets)
Forever in my heart...Tinsel (Born's Bounder - 11/9/90-12/18/01), Piper, Chevy, Keno, Zuma, Little One, Phaelin & Winnie
Greyhound Adoption Center ~ So Cal rep for Whippet Rescue And Placement

For beautiful beaded collars, check out my Facebook page: The Swanky Hound

Karen- I am so very sorry. You yourself have been through so much... only to have to go through this with your boy. No words.

I understand your pain having lost my very beautiful, sweet and full of life, Polli to this horrendous, hideous monster.

Take loads of pictures, as Burpdog suggests eat lots of icecream and I pray you have many good times ahead.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Guest Energy11

I second, third, and fourth the ice cream eating and pampering! Spend every second you can with him!

When our Max was diagnosed, he was even able to travel up here out of crappy Florida, to the beautiful mountains. He had about two good months after the move.

Sending love, hugs, and many prayers for you both!