My Beautiful Smiley

Guest Smiley

I'm so very sorry. :cry1

Godspeed Smiley.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am so sorry.. He really did have the most beautiful Smile and will be missed by all.. An angel that once graced out Earth now graces our Heavens.... Send mommy a sign sweet gentle one and rest in peace over that rainbow... :f_red:f_red:gh_lay

Oh Beth, my heart sank when I saw this. I'm so sorry. Please take comfort in the fact that Smiley will be met by so many at the Bridge. You and Pete are in my thoughts :grouphugflowers_yellow.gif

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

Guest EmbersDad

i did nt know smiley, yet here i sit with tears streaming down my face. please do not try and second guess yourself. you did everything that you thought was right, but sometimes life has other plans. i know smiley met ember and jed and is at this very moment telling them how much he loved you.

run free smiley, send your mama a sign.

:f_red:gh_lay:f_red

:bighug

Oh no, Beth. I am soooooo sorry to hear this. My heart goes out to you and Pete!

Elphie, Kulee, Amanda, Harmony, Alex (hound mix), Phantom, Norbet, Willis (dsh), Autumn (Siamese) & Max (OSH) & mama rat, LaLa & baby Poppy! My bridge kids: Crooke & Mouse (always in my heart), Flake, Buzz, Snake, Prince (GSD), Justin & Gentry (Siamese), Belle (Aussie/Dalmatian mix), Rupert (amstaff) and Fred, Sirius, Severus, Albus, George, Hagrid, Hermione, Minerva, Marilyn, Wren, Molly, Luna, Tonks, Fleur, Ginny, Neville, Bill, Percy, Rose & Charlie (rats)

I am deeply saddened and sorry to read this. He knew he was loved, you can tell by just looking at his beautiful face. I am so sorry.

gallery_16605_3214_8259.jpg

Cindy with Miss Fancypants, Paris Bueller, Zeke, and Angus 
Dante (Dg's Boyd), Zoe (In a While), Brady (Devilish Effect), Goose (BG Shotgun), Maverick (BG ShoMe), Maggie (All Trades Jax), Sherman (LNB Herman Bad) and Indy (BYB whippet) forever in my heart
The flame that burns the brightest, burns the fastest and leaves the biggest shadow

Guest K9Cookies

Beth and Pete, we are so very sorry that Smiley is gone. You two did all of your research and made your decisions because you loved Smiley so much. Don't second guess that. :grouphug

He was such a handsome hound. Run free, Smiley. :gh_run2

Beth and Pete,

I was shocked when I read this this morning. I am so deeply sorry. Please try not to beat yourselves up. Dr. Couto and his team of vets at OSU are the best in the world. If they didn't see this coming, how could you? You may remember that I told you that I would have made the same decision. You made the best decision you could, given the information that you had. Smiley knows that you tried to give him a chance at a longer, pain-free life.

Smiley knew that you loved him with all of your heart.

Jane

Oh no! I am shocked and heartbroken to hear this news, Beth. I came online to check on Smiley's progress and had to re-read the post because I can't believe that this has happened.

I am sitting here crying for you and your husband and for the terrible pain you must be feeling. I am so, so sorry. I honestly don't know what to say, except that you loved him so much that you did everything humanly possible for him, and for that you should be kind to yourself during this terrible time.

Smiley knew how much you loved him. Please know that. You gave him a wonderful life, filled with boundless love.

Godspeed dear one.

Lynn_siggie-1.jpg

My heart breaks with yours. You would never have done anything that wasn't in Smiley's

best interest. I'm so sorry you had to lose him. He knew he was loved, so be comforted

by that. Godspeed, Smiley.

Mary, mom to kitty Rebel.
Always missing Sherri (SO DELICIOUS) (12/6/2005-8/29/2018) kitties Marley (4/2000-12/3/2015) and Beady (4/1998-2/24/2006) and Dalmatian Daisy (7/25/1984-5/13/1999).

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work

and give to those who would not - Thomas Jefferson

beth, i'm sorry to learn of smiley's passing.

Steve, owner/photographer Crackerdog Photography, writer of ShutterHounds. Follow me on Instagram.
Alex (Sanja Black Eyes [1989-2003] - Sanja Superfrank x TH's Fandango), Nikki (Ein's Ardonis [1995-2008] - Farmer Wilson x Legs Polly),
Sadie (Carla Tar [2002-2014] - Coldwater Guv x Canatar), Katie (Leading Home [2003-2013] - Iruska Excalibur x Impress Me Much),

Bean ([2013-] - DJays Octane x O Ya Cranberry), and Billy Bob (O Ya Billy Bob [2011-2020] Dodgem By Design x O Ya Cranberry)
gallery_14296_2881_11695.jpg

My deepest condolences to you and your DH. :grouphug Godspeed, precious Smiley... the angels await you. :gh_run

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

Oh Beth, how heartbreaking, to get your hopes up and then this...You will feel a lot of emotions over the next little while so I hope there's some comfort when we say you made the best decision out of love for Smiley with the information you had at the time.

I am so terribly sorry.

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

I'm so sorry. Run fast and free Smiley. :grouphug

gallery_12867_3348_20333.jpg
~Beth, with a crazy mixed crew of misfits.
~ Forever and Always missing and loving Steak, Carmen, Ivy, Isis, and Madi.
Don't cry because it's ended, Smile because it happened.
Before you judge me, try to keep an open mind, not everyone likes your taste.