Pearl Update

I am posting this at Mary Pat's request. She is busy giving Pearl lots of TLC. Pearl came home from OSU to my house (30 minutes away from OSU) this morning. She has been camped out on the bed being cuddled and hand fed hamburger and hotdogs. Her appetite is great. She has some swelling in her legs and around her neck and chest but it has gone down some since yesterday. She is thrilled to be home with Mom.

She will go back to OSU tomorrow for some tests. If everything looks good, she will make the long drive home to New Jersey tomorrow. If OSU would like her to stay here a little longer, she will stay at my house for the week. Unfortunately, Mary Pat has a unavoidable commitment at work on Tuesday. If Pearl stays with me, Mary Pat will have to drive all the way back here next weekend.

Jane

How's Pearl doing this morning? I hope she is doing well and that she will be able to go home with her Mum.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

I'm so happy that Pearl is doing well. Mary Pat and I shared many tears at OSU last week and I am so grateful to hear this bit of good news. Give Pearl a BIG hug for us Mary Pat!

We're home!

It was an uneventful 9 hrs until I hit Hopewell NJ. (Hopewell is the next town over from me, where Pearl's vet is).

Someone plowed into a pole and knocked it down. Loose live wires all over the place. The road was closed down!

I was only 10 minutes away from home and sat for over an hour!

I'm pooped.

But Pearl ate a FULL dinner. She's eaten more the past 2 days than she did the whole week before she went to OSU.

However, the doctor was worried about her packed cell. It's not going up. So now I'M worried. Her PCV is only 28 and it should be around 60 for a greyhound. She came in with it at 40. And she lost some blood (along with the spleen) during surgery. But they thought it should have started rebounding by now. However, she still looked good enough to send her home and we'll monitor her PCV here.

Mary Pat

Praying and chanting and sending powerful healing light to Pearl and MP! You and she must be so relieved to be home!

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead