Zero Is Seriously Trying My Patience

I skimmed the replies, so I may have missed this or a similar suggestion

ON TOP of baby gating the kitchen, is there any way you can thaw the meat in another room? Such as a laundry room, or a rarely used guest bathroom, and close the door to said room?

I noticed leaving food in the microwave was presented if needed, how about thawing in the oven (not turned on of course, but for larger meat like hams and turkey)?

I suggest always keeping a baby gate on the kitchen even if you find a thawing solution, because if he never has access to the kitchen he can break/prevent relapse of the habbit of being allowed in there when youre away.

I am not going to say your dog is bored like everyone else, however I would rather find a solution to the problem rather than exterminating the symptoms (because as I am sure you have guessed, once he can't get into something tasty in the kitchen anymore he may begin destroying something else). That said, it seems to me like you are trying hard to find out why he's doing this and give him something to do during the day, as well as appropriate excersize. While walking him, have him do obedience commands or tricks he may know ON THE WALK so he is getting mental and physical stimulation at the same time

GoodLuck

Edited for spelling mistake

Edited by Shana

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Judy, I think Fritz has a small amount of that Arrow-ness in him. When he's excited, he MUST have something in his mouth. If he can't find a toy or pillow, he will grab Skimmie's jammies, and once he even grabbed some AA batteries :( That resulted in an acid burn in his mouth. He was okay, but a little sore for a few days. He's never destroyed anything through his excitement though, so, he's definitely got the excitement on a much lower scale.

Tony, is it possible that he's just fine until he hears you come home, and he gets SO excited like Arrow or Fritz that he has to grab something and go bonkers?

Kristin in Moline, IL USA with Ozzie (MRL Crusin Clem), Clarice (Clarice McBones), Latte and Sage the IGs, and the kitties: Violet and Rose
Lovingly Remembered: Sutra (Fliowa Sutra) 12/02/97-10/12/10, Pinky (Pick Me) 04/20/03-11/19/12, Fritz (Fritz Fire) 02/05/01 - 05/20/13, Ace (Fantastic Ace) 02/05/01 - 07/05/13, and Carrie (Takin the Crumbs) 05/08/99 - 09/04/13.

A cure for cancer can't come soon enough.--