Star's Progress!

Guest dfriedri

Guest dfriedri

Hello everyone!

It has been quite awhile since I have had time to be on this site but RobinM txt to check up on us today and it prompted me to come give you all an update on my sweet tripod Star!

We are about 2 months out since surgery. For those of you that don't know, she had her right front leg amputated in November. She is doing really really good!

She has her second session of chemo this next week. She has been handling the chemo very well. No upset stomach, loss of appetite, or extreme hair loss. She does shed quite a bit right now and had about a week of runny stools but otherwise great! She eats a ton!

She has had a few falls and even though she is used to walking and balancing on the three legs she still gets careless sometimes. Earlier this week she got too excited and nose dived onto some pavement. I thought she had hurt her nose but turns out her good front leg has two big gashes on it now. She is licking it healed as we speak though!

I will try to get some pics on here sometime very soon!

My new job is going great. I work till almost 8pm a lot of nights though so Star is once again in the habit of going to work with me. The elders lover her and I think she provides inspiration for them when they see how well she does get around!

Excellent news! :yay What a trooper Miss Star is. :heart

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

I'm so glad to see this, I was thinking about you two and couldn't find my contact info.

Casual Bling & Hope for Hounds
Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.

I was thinking about Star the other day, and had a feeling that she was doing well. I'm so glad to hear that she is! She sounds like a real trooper, and you've done everything right. I remember when Winnie fell a few times. Once, she wiped out on our kitchen floor, and after that, she never went into the kitchen again. She was so stubborn. She'd do two flights of steps on 3 legs, but we couldn't convince her that the kitchen floor wouldn't make her fall.

We'd love to see pics of Star when you can. Give her a gentle hug, and tell she has lots of fans.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

Wonderful to hear your pup (and your job!) is doing so well. :) Ditto to the request for pictures and hugs for Star.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Thanks Dani! You know I have a special place in my heart for both you and Star.

Can't wait to see more pics of your beautiful girl.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project