Wink Has Some Weird Scabs

I noticed a small dark raised scabby area on Winkie's neck early last week. It almost felt like a tick was imbedded in her skin. I picked it off, cleaned the area and applied neosporin. It looked good for about a week. This morning I noticed the same type of spot on her outer thigh. I checked her neck spot and it has returned to the original condition of raised, dark and scabby. It is no bigger in size. I again scraped off both areas, cleaned and applied topical treatment. (There is not bleeding involved when I remove the scabs)

Has anyone had any exprience with this type of scab, especially as it applies to an almost 11 year old otherwise very healthy greyhound?

I plan on keeping a close eye and taking her to the vet this week if they don't improve, but would love some input if anyone has any.

CollageSnap

<p>Finn, Wink, Birdie, Snap and SmokeyJG Quicknfast 7/25/99-5/16/08, JG Quickwink 7/25/99-9/22/13, Iruska SweetDuv 7/19/03-11/9/16, Delbar 6/11/11 and Catahoula Smokey

Guest greytbookert

Sahra used to get these all the time. They would, however, dry up and go away after about a week or two. When she first got them, we took her to the vet and they were not worried about them. Miss Sahra was with us for quite a long time.

I hope it is the same thing for Wink! Give her a kiss from me!

Guest RobinAZ

Sounds like what GreyCee had when I first got her - I thought it was a tick at first too. She had really really dry skin though and after I started using fish oil the scabs cleared up along with the dandruff and hair loss.

Guest FordRacingRon

Do they look like they could be really small moles, turn out to be scabs, then fall off and don't come back? Leia gets those too, if that's what it is. The first time I thought it was a mole, went to the vets, he rubbed it and it came off. She has had a few since then but when they go away, they stay away. I would like to show one to the vet but whenever we go there its comes at a time when she doesn't have one. I am clueless too.

Thanks for the replies... She is getting up there in age and has been such a healthy girl. I stopped giving fish oil... think I will start again.

CollageSnap

<p>Finn, Wink, Birdie, Snap and SmokeyJG Quicknfast 7/25/99-5/16/08, JG Quickwink 7/25/99-9/22/13, Iruska SweetDuv 7/19/03-11/9/16, Delbar 6/11/11 and Catahoula Smokey

Guest FastDogsOwnMe

Hard to say, but two of mine had then when I got them, and I have no idea why. They have gone away, but if I picked them away too soon they came right back!