Making Puddles In The House

Guest Teapot67

Guest Teapot67

We've had Buddy for about 5 years now and he's always been pretty good about not going in the house. In the beginning he had some SA and would mess his crate when we went out, but once we stopped using the crate (he's one of the really BIG males and never looked comfortable even in the biggest crate) he seemed to be fine.

I'm home most of the time except for short trips out on errands, etc. The last few months, though, he's started peeing on things if we either go out in the evening or if I come home and have to go back out again --- almost like he's punishing me for going out! I always make sure he's been taken out before I go, and I don't make a fuss about leaving or coming back in. Any ideas? (I've already got a 16 old mutt who's becoming incontinent and she makes enough puddles around here....I don't need Buddy adding to it!) :rolleyes:

Vet check including bloodwork and urinalysis.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Vet visit first of all. But you say your other dog is making puddles? Are you using an enzyme cleaner on those spots? They could be giving your hound the idea that your home is fair game for peeing. At the risk of making an absolute statement, dogs don't use pee as punishment or revenge.