Java

Lilysmom

I'm am posting this to pay tribute to a tall, handsome brindle boy named Java. His momma had to put him down yesterday and as you can imagine is grief stricken :(

I met Java's mommy Amy through GT and we became friends,(many may remember her when she would post about her horse Frodo when he was just a wee little thing). Amy moved away to California, so I didn't get to see Java anymore. He and my brindle girl Lily were smitten with each other and those that know my girl Lily know that is a major major deal. Long story short whenever we had the chance we would get together for play dates and Lily, Marx and Java would have a ball. Poetry in motion watching them run and play. Lily and Java always gravitated toward one another and would hang out. I wanted to post a few pictures of them.

This is Java, he was a tall boy that could just melt your soul with his eyes :blush He loved people, most of all he adored his mommy:

43193424.jpg

In this picture you will see who the leader of the pack is in mistchef notice how close Lily and Marx are paying attention to Java's instructions for digging to china :lol

43189701.jpg

Java I loved you sweetie, and will miss you more than you can imagine. Please send your mommy a rainbow to let her know you are ok. Amy I am so very sorry, you are in my prayers.

Edited by Lilysmom

Praying for all the missing greys!

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember, too. Hugs to Amy.

Godspeed, sweet handsome boy.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest IrskasMom

I am so sorry. Java was such handsome big Boy. Karen , if you should talk to Amy , would you tell her how sorry we are. My Son Scott loved Java. :f_red:f_red:f_red

I remember Java as well :cry1 :cry1 Please tell his mommy how sorry I am :cry1

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

Hugs to Java's mom for her loss. :(

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

I am so sorry

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

Guest Pat2003

I first met Amy and Java at the first M&G I ever attended. I wanted to learn about greyhounds and there was this gorgeous big brindle, who was so sweet. Next to him was a cute little brindle girlie named Lily. I talked to you guys for two hours, asking a ton of questions and knew when I left that I was going to adopt a greyhound.

Hugs Amy and run free sweet Java, you were a great ambassador dog.

My condolences to all who loved Java. I'm so sorry for your loss.

Mary, mom to kitty Rebel.
Always missing Sherri (SO DELICIOUS) (12/6/2005-8/29/2018) kitties Marley (4/2000-12/3/2015) and Beady (4/1998-2/24/2006) and Dalmatian Daisy (7/25/1984-5/13/1999).

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work

and give to those who would not - Thomas Jefferson

I first met Amy and Java at the first M&G I ever attended. I wanted to learn about greyhounds and there was this gorgeous big brindle, who was so sweet. Next to him was a cute little brindle girlie named Lily. I talked to you guys for two hours, asking a ton of questions and knew when I left that I was going to adopt a greyhound.

Hugs Amy and run free sweet Java, you were a great ambassador dog.

yes Pat I remember that day, I can't believe all of this, poor Amy is beside herself. You are right he was a great ambassador greyhound!

Praying for all the missing greys!

Condolences to all who knew and loved Java :brokenheart .

SunnySophiePegsdon.jpg

When a relationship of love is disrupted, the relationship does not cease. The love continues; therefore, the relationship continues. The work of grief is to reconcile and redeem life to a different love relationship. ~ W Scott Lineberry

Always Greyhounds Home Boarding and Greyhounds With Love House Sitting

Another beautiful hound has brightened the sky at night. Please pass on to Amy how sorry we are she lost Java.

Run free big boy, run free... :gh_run

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.