I'm Concerned

Guest Rach1323

Guest Rach1323

Hello everyone well so this just happend and I'm not sure what to think so hopefully you all can help. I was sitting on the couch working on applications and I just looked over at Bow laying on her pillow. Her hind end (legs etc.) were shaking so bad (sometimes she runs in her sleep but it wasn't shaking like that and she looked awake eyes wide open, not like open asleep eyes.) I have never seen her legs shake so bad, so I jumped up and ran over there saying her name I said it like three times with no response. By the time I got to her 2 seconds maybe the shaking had stopped and she was looking at me. She lifted her head and looked at me I petted her for a couple minutes and then made her get up and walk around. She seemed fine. What is going on, I'm worried! I dont think it was her running in her sleep because I've seen her do that before. I am an athlete and I know sometime my leg muscles pulse because of a muscle spasm, could that have been it. I'm worried it was a seizure or something! Anyone have any idea, what should I do, just keep a close eye on her?

It might have been a mild seizure. When Argo has his, his legs shake, his face contorts, his whole body shakes, he peed and drooled all over himself.

It doesn't sound like Bow had anything like that, yeah! :) Just keep watching to see if anything more severe develops.

signature.jpg

Argo and bridge babies Artemis, Icarus and Iris.

It could have been a seizure, the only way you'll know is if it happens again. Write down the date and time this happened and how long it lasted along with what was going on i.e. legs shaking etc. If it happens again I'd make a vet appointment and have her checked out.

Saint has grand mal seizures so his are more like Argo's and Saints are very violent so there is no doubt he's seizing.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

It could have been a seizure. Though there is really nothing to be done right now. Keep an eye on her and start a log as suggested above. If she has another incident, particularly if it happens within a couple weeks, then get her to a vet for a referral to a neurologist.

If she has a seizure/incident that lasts longer than 10 minutes or she begins clustering (several incidents in one day or one on consecutive days) she needs to go to the vet asap.

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

Guest Energy11

Sounds like a focal seizure (seizure located in a specific area).

I'd keep an eye on her, and if it happens again, I surely see the vet, and get his/her opinion, and maybe some meds. Love, hugs and good luck on this!

Koda had a similar moment a few years ago but with her....her eyes darted back and forth rapidly and she sat there. It lasted maybe 30 seconds but it was horribly frightening and she was not responsive. The vet said to just mark the day and time and a diary of what she did and ate that day and to bring her in if she has another one. She never has. Hopefully that will be the same for Bow.