Suddenly Limping

Josie

I'm doggy-sitting my friend grey for some time now (she is going through a divorce).

Yesterday morning I left Tuffy and Elliot as usual to go to work, the boys were ok. I return home to found Elliot walking on 3 legs. :huh .. just usingthe tip of his toes of his right back leg to walk, switching his weight fast to the other leg, holding it up when standing...

I have experience with corns with Tuffy so I check his paws and did found a corn...

I dont know for how long he has that...If I sqeeze hard the corn he will try to remove his paw...

I'm not sure is it's the corn that make Elliot limp or did he fell during the day and pulled a muscle? how could I tell?

siggy2_zpsfb2ddd63.jpg
Our first greyhound, Tuffy: You will always be there with us my angel!
Tuffy greyhound-data
Otis greyhound-data Abbey greyhound-data
"When you open your minds to the impossible, sometimes you find the truth." W.Bishop

Have you checked the leg over? You can move it around, check it up and down to see if there are any tender spots. If you get no pain response it's probably the corn.

Edited by JillysFullHouse

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

Guest Energy11

Staggerlee has corns on both back feet (*not quite ready to "hull" yet). Anyway, without his booties, he will NOT walk on them for any length of time. More than likely, it is the corn.

Have you checked the leg over? You can move it around, check it up and down to see if there are any tender spots. If you get no pain response it's probably the corn.

yes I check the leg over, bending it and touching it everywhere, no responds of pain...

can a corn produce pain that quick? he was ok in the morning..

siggy2_zpsfb2ddd63.jpg
Tuffy greyhound-data
"When you open your minds to the impossible, sometimes you find the truth." W.Bishop

My Andy was limping before the corn was visible. He came up lame, we had his leg x-rayed, nothing. We waited 3 weeks and took him in and the vet found a tiny little corn, so it was hurting and we couldn't see it.

It could be that the corn has finally become painful. I'd have it hulled and see if the limping stops.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

ok

I'll get the drScholl's corn remover and start hulling it out... bathing in wter and epsom salt too...

My friends was sad (and me too) to see her grey limp like that, with evrything that's going on in her life with the divorce she did not need this too.. :(

siggy2_zpsfb2ddd63.jpg
Tuffy greyhound-data

I started bathing the paw in salt epsom water twice a day, put the drscholls remedy, wrap it up and put the thera-paw... it still seems to bother Elliot but last night he did zoomies in the yard... :rolleyes:

tonight DH will check to hulled the corn...

No good advice to add - sounds like you've got it covered. Just wanted to say bummer for you (it always stinks when you're dogsitting and something seems to go "wrong") and for your friend. Hugs to all 3 - you, your friend - and the pup! :blush

Thanks :) yes when it's not your grey it's even more concerning..

siggy2_zpsfb2ddd63.jpg
Tuffy greyhound-data