Baby's Room/cats/dogs/ Greyhounds....

When I had my daughther 29 years ago, I had a kitty. Although I loved kitty very much, I did not want kitty to go into the babies room for many reasons, but the main one was I was afraid that she would jump into the crib and cuddle with the baby and sufocate her. I couldn't close the door to the bedroom for several reasons so I came up with a greyt idea.

I bought a wooden framed screen door and took off the solid door for the time being and stored it in my garage. I painted the door frame white and added a hook and eye to latch the door.

Now, the cat couldn't get in, I could hear the baby and everyone was safe.

We did this when my granddaugter was born at my house here and my daughter did it at her house too.

Tradition!

I have noticed more &more young moms and moms to be so adopting greyhounds (which I think is wonderful!) and I wanted to share something that worked really well for us.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Cool idea! I would love to see a picture.

Sorry, DD is now 29 and her daughter is 2 so no more screen doors.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

we use the screen door idea for our laundry room/dog rom. we needed a space for the dogs togo while we had ppl over (food out) we didnt need noses involved in, but we didnt want them stuffed in crates, or shut away. this way with the screan door, they still feel apart of things.

but greyt idea for the baby room. im short, and i HATE climbong over baby gates. or forget to put it back up. this would be perfect for our house now that naomi os 6mo, n moving around more.

The Fruitloop crew: Piper, Bloomer, Sirius Black the kitty cat, Goober, .....Insane human crew: Nikki, Chuckles, Jakob (ds), Naomi baby girl........... and Our Angel babies,, Betsy (Betsy Kiss), Momma Cat, Blue Fish, and Georgie the g-pig.

Guest LineDancerDana

That is a WONDERFUL idea, and very practical where we live. I too am quite short, and baby gates are sometimes way too cumbersome!!! I even bought a special baby gate for my kitchen which what exorbitantly expensive that has a foot pedal latch thing and all the crazy gadgets to make it wide enough to fit. The screen door on the baby room sounds awesome!! Thanks so much for passing on the idea!!!!