Pearl Has Hemangio

The ultrasound came back with a huge splenic mass and several liver tumors. The exact same 'effin' thing that Brindle had.

Unlike Brindle who was in distress, Pearl has some options, even though they suck. She can have surgery which may prolong her life by 4 months, chemo would add another couple months.

But Pearl is 12 with heart disease and hypertension.

However, she is in the same condition as her 12 yr old sister. So age really should be a factor, just her heart and BP. Which are very stable. She probably would survive surgery.

Without surgery she has days, weeks. Maybe a month or so. WIth the way she's feeling now, I don't imagine months is in her prognosis.

I just put Diamond thru cancer surgery.

Pearl was feeling REALLY GOOD since being put on the pimobendan. THis is so unfair. We were keeping her heart and hypertension under control and she was feeling really really good.

this sucks.

add to the equation that Diamond was given a 1 yr prognosis in Oct and my Onyx is already 14, this is going to be a really bad year for me.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The ultrasound came back with a huge splenic mass and several liver tumors. The exact same 'effin' thing that Brindle had.

Unlike Brindle who was in distress, Pearl has some options, even though they suck. She can have surgery which may prolong her life by 4 months, chemo would add another couple months.

But Pearl is 12 with heart disease and hypertension.

However, she is in the same condition as her 12 yr old sister. So age really should be a factor, just her heart and BP. Which are very stable. She probably would survive surgery.

Without surgery she has days, weeks. Maybe a month or so. WIth the way she's feeling now, I don't imagine months is in her prognosis.

I just put Diamond thru cancer surgery.

Pearl was feeling REALLY GOOD since being put on the pimobendan. THis is so unfair. We were keeping her heart and hypertension under control and she was feeling really really good.

this sucks.

add to the equation that Diamond was given a 1 yr prognosis in Oct and my Onyx is already 14, this is going to be a really bad year for me.

I wish I could give you a real hug. Please know that I am holding Pearl (and you)in my thoughts and prayers.

Guest mcsheltie

Oh for doG sakes!!! What horrible news. I wish I could do something more than send cyber hugs. If hugs could cure cancer, the amount I am sending would do just that. Listen to your heart, I know you will do the right thing.

Guest Energy11

Yes. THIS IS VERY unfair! My friend, Glenn, lost Raymond, to the very same thing at age SEVEN! I am soooo sorry to hear this. We have you in all of our thoughts and our prayers. Love and hugs! Dee, John, Curfew, Goldie, Oakly, Staggerlee, and Cari. My Bob, Energy, Dasher and Max, at The Bridge.

I too wish I could give you a real hug. Your Pearl has been such an inspiration -- not fair that you and she have to face this too.

You're in our prayers.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest greyaspet

Mary Pat,

That is what Mitzi had. She was just short of 14 and there was no way I was going to open her up. The vets at Red Bank were great and understood my feelings. I know what you are going through and it is heartbreaking.

Sheila

how terrible. but how do they know it's hemangiosarcoma without any type of biopsy? Bailey's splenic tumor was a spindle cell sarcoma.

Maureen, Sean, Molly (Garnett Madonna) and Sully (Starz Top Style)

gallery_1382_2909_6961.jpg

Visit LongDog Leather Works for adjustable leather martingales, wrap around leather tag bags, breakaway tag necklaces and cool leather people gear. Check out our Etsy store!

This is so unfair and I am so sorry you have to face this again, I lost my diva kitty Ms India to cancer in October. She was one of the reasons that we adopted Brady.

These are never easy decisions. After intestinal surgery, and chemo by pill, she was helped to the bridge 8 weeks after.

I send you heart felt hugs.

Debbie

:bighug :bighug

groupwindia-greytalk2.jpg

The handsome boy Brady, mid-morning nap. The sun, the sun feels so, so, so good.

I can't keep my eyes open ... ... Retirement agrees ...

... and the Diva Ms India, 2001 - 10/16/2009 ....

I'm so sorry.

:grouphug

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)