Runny Nose

Shanti appears to have a runny nose. What is dripping out is off color, not clear. Orangeish/yellow. At first I thought Asti was leaking pee. Nope. Never seen this before. In my mind a runny nose is either nervous or a problem. She goes in to the vet next Thursday. Should I worry prior to this? I have noticed it a couple times in the past few days. It shows up on white tile. :P Any thoughts? She is a Valley Fever dog. I don't know if that matters or not.

The Girls

Guest Energy11

My greys' noses leak sometimes, but it is always CLEAR. I would say, given the description, yours may have an infection. I would definitely see the vet for this. Good Luck and hopefully, it is something simple like a sinus infection.

Guest MyBoys

I agree, I would call the vet ASAP and get it checked. It is not uncommon for greyhounds to have drippy noses but the color you describe is not normal.

Shanti is on a round of Cephalexin. We are going with sinus infection. Since their noses are so narrow, it is hard to see up them. We were not going to do sedated xrays and scans at this time. Hopefully this will take care of it. If not, then we move on to the more expensive and invasive procedures.

The Girls