Help With Sappy Foot Infection

Guest killdawabbit

Guest killdawabbit

anyone have any tips for an infected rug burned toe. Its not the pad itself just the the soft skin in between the toe. it looks like an abrasion burn.

So far I've put a collar on him to minimize licking and applied a USDA antibiotic udder cream. is there anything available to dry it out? Epsom salt or sulfur? It's been getting pussy because he keeps licking it and were in the rainy season here in NorCal.

Guest mirthlesstroll

Have you tried a sea salt soak? 1/4 tsp of sea salt (NOT the iodized kind) in 1 cup of pretty warm, but not hot water. Dip his foot in and soak it for as close to 10/15 min as you can - I reccomend doing this in the bathtub, to keep splash to a minimum, and so you can smear PB on the shower wall to keep him standing relatively still. Do it 3 times per day if you can, but twice daily is good too. Rinse the wound with warm water and pat dry gently.

I healed my foster dog's happy tail in a few days with this.

(Info provided by Deus at Exposed Temptations Tattoo in Manassas, VA. Thanks, Deus!)