It's Cancer

Guest Smiley

Guest Whistle

I am so sorry. We just went through this late last year and opted for palliative care.

We had six weeks with my boy after the first limp. He did very well for about 5-1/2 of those weeks on around-the-clock tramadol and Rimadyl. We did end up adding gabapentin the last week.

Also, the few days after x-rays, I thought it would just be a day or two left with him, and then he got much better after starting the meds. I think he was very sore from the manipulation they had to do to get x-rays too.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am sorry to hear the news about your boy. Our thoughts are with you during this difficult time.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

Guest dwolfe711

We're so sorry about Smiley - as you know our 13.5yo Apollo was diagnosed with osteo the same day as Smiley. We've lost 6 greys and 5 of the 6 were to cancer - and Allie was 15.5 so we don't really know what her cause was - and now Apollo's been diagnosed. We adopt the seniors so we know we won't have as much time as we'd like with them but I am becoming convinced that if these pups live long enough, they will be diagnosed with some type of cancer. At least that's been our experience -

We are saying prayers and sending white light to Smiley and family -

Donna

Guest Smiley

Thank you so very much for your continued prayers and kind words. Coming back to this thread the last two days has provided so much comfort. Thank you, thank you.

Guest Smiley

I should have asked earlier, but how long does it usually take to get in to see Dr. Couto? And how long should I expect for a call back from the office to schedule an appt. I called the number Dr.Couto emailed me. Thanks!

I emailed Dr. Couto back when Diamond was first diagnosed Sept 26. He was going to be out of the country for a few days but I still wanted to see him.

When he gave me his schedule, I was able to get an appt for Oct 8. The day he came back. The surgery occured Oct 9. We would have cancelled that if they determined that she was not a surgical candidate. So, you really shouldn't have to wait too long.

Where are you located in Ohio? If you need to stay overnight in the Columbus area I can put you up. I have greyhounds and a large fenced area. If you prefer, I can help you with hotel reservations and logistics. If Dr. C is in town he can usually see you very quickly. They understand that time is of the essence with cancer.

I am so sorry you are going through this.

Jane