It's Cancer

Guest Smiley

Guest K9Cookies

Oh, Beth. :cry1 I'm so sorry about Smiley's diagnosis. Stay strong and do your research. When we worked with Dr. Couto for Bonnie's chemo, we always used email. Very rarely did we call him or the department. Even if Dr. Couto is out of town, he'll usually reply right away. We'll be thinking about you guys. Let us know what you find out.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

we are so sorry to hear this news about smiley. we are thinking about all of you.extra prayers coming your way.

4894718087_9910a46faa_d.jpg

Tricia with Kyle, our senior mutt dog 
Always missing Murray MaldivesBee Wiseman, River, Hopper, Kaia, and 
Holly Oaks Holly
“You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows.“          -Bob Dylan

I'm so sorry. When I communicated with Dr. Couto, I did so using this email address: couto.1@osu.edu

He responded within a day, and then one of his associates followed up. Truly wonderful people.

Thank you so much! I imagine my vet will work with him to send him the x-rays etc. Anything I should have ready for Dr. Couto?

I would ask your vet to contact him and send him the xrays. Then you can follow up or ask to be copied in on all communication.

Argos's cancer was in his shoulder as well. It's devastating, and I hate that it's happening to your beautiful boy.

gallery_15455_2907_595.jpg

Christie and Bootsy (Turt McGurt and Gil too)
Loving and missing Argos & Likky, forever and ever.
~Old age means realizing you will never own all the dogs you wanted to. ~

Guest TBSFlame

I am so sorry. Take a pad with you so you can write down stuff you want to remember. I know I was numb and then couldn't remember what the vet said but that it was bone cancer.

I am so sorry. Take a pad with you so you can write down stuff you want to remember. I know I was numb and then couldn't remember what the vet said but that it was bone cancer.

Guest 3greysinPA

oh Beth,

I am so sorry to see this. Sending you lots of hugs :grouphug :grouphug and keeping Smiley on top of my prayer list. :hope :hope . and praying that this cancer diagnosis is just plain ole wrong. Oh I'm so mad.

I hate the 'C' word. :cry1

What horrible news. I am so sorry. :grouphug to you and :kiss2 to Smiley.

Rita, mom to Dakota (Dakotas Dream) & Wish (Kiowa Wish Wish) and my angels

Toby (Sol Marcus) and Robin (Greys Robin Hood)

Forever missing our beloved Robin and Toby

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France

I understand all too well what you're feeling and I am so sorry.

...............Chase (FTH Smooth Talker), Morgan (Cata), Reggie (Gable Caney), Rufus
(Reward RJ). Fosters check in, but they don't check out.
Forever loved -- Cosmo (System Br Mynoel), March 11, 2002 - October 8, 2009.
Miss Cosmo was a lady. And a lady always knows when to leave.

Guest Energy11

grouphug.gif Have Dr. Couto read the xrays.

Dr. Couto's first on the list once we have actually spoken in detail with our vet. Pete's picking up him from his x-rays now and we'll go in this evening to get all of the specifics. What is the most expedient way to contact Dr. Couto? And why did I think cancer would never touch either of our hounds?

First of all, I am soo sorry to hear this! I lost Max to the same type of cancer. He DID have almost three good months with us, with careful pain management!

The BEST way to contact Dr. Couto is: couto.1@osu.edu. I am sure he will answer all of your questions.

Sending you love, hugs and prayers! I KNOW what this is like. I lost a husband to cancer, and two greyhounds! Love, Dee and The Five

Guest Smiley

Smiley's home now and I am just soaking him in. We leave for the vet in an hour and I'm going to try my best to keep it together so that I can be clear headed and ask all of the questions we need to. Our vet is staying late to meet with us and I'm very grateful. I imagine he'll be really ready to go home after he sees the sobbing mess that is me :blush . Hopefully we'll come home with some better info. and then we 'll be in touch with Dr. Couto. Thank you for ALL of your kind words-I hold them in my heart and it brings me comfort.

Guest zoolaine

Sorry :grouphug You should write down your questions so you don't forget to ask any questions you need answered. I know my mind would be overwhelmed and would go blank.

Edited by zoolaine

Guest TeddysMom

My heart just aches for you. I am so sorry that Smiley and your whole family has to face this. My thought and prayers will be with you.

I am so sorry....:cry1

Katy....Mom to Retired Racers Hinder, John Carter, Hobsen, and Kodama, Galgo Espanol Gichin, and the Village Idiot...Teko
Missing terribly my fawn dog with the pretty ears Chance (Ale Seeyoulater) 6/21/05-6/23/15 Gotcha day 4/6/08 and my fuzzy baby boy Snacker (Tyville Snacker) 7/4/04-10/23/15, and all three of my IG babies, Isen, Tien, and Java.