It's Cancer

Guest Smiley

Guest Smiley

Pete just talked to the vet after Smiley's x-rays and told us that this limp has in fact been caused by a cancerous tumor in his shoulder. I am beyond devastated. We'll get in to see the vet later in the afternoon and ask all of our questions and get more details. I feel like I am dying inside-Smiley is my heart boy and my everything. I just don't even know what to do . . . :weep

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest jettcricket

Oh no...having gone thru it myself, my heart goes out to you.

Keep strong and positive. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your sweet boy.

Oh no. :( What rotten news. :cry1 Explore your options, knowing that you'll choose whatever is best for your sweet boy. I found the Circle of Grey to be an incredibly supportive resource for dealing with OS. Holding you and Smiley in my prayers... :hope

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

I am so sorry. I hope you have many days of quality time together.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

I am so sorry about Smiley. Cancer sucks! Circle of Grey has also been very supportive in our dealing with Jamey's osteo, hope that you will join.

Tin and Michael and Lucas, Picasso, Hero, Oasis, Galina, Neizan, Enzo, Salvo and Noor the Galgos.
Remembering Bridge Angel Greyhounds: Tosca, Jamey, Master, Diego, and Ambi; plus Angel Galgos Jules, Marco and Baltasar.

Guest Smiley

:grouphug Have Dr. Couto read the xrays.

Dr. Couto's first on the list once we have actually spoken in detail with our vet. Pete's picking up him from his x-rays now and we'll go in this evening to get all of the specifics. What is the most expedient way to contact Dr. Couto? And why did I think cancer would never touch either of our hounds?

I'm so sorry. When I communicated with Dr. Couto, I did so using this email address: couto.1@osu.edu

He responded within a day, and then one of his associates followed up. Truly wonderful people.

gallery_15455_2907_595.jpg

Christie and Bootsy (Turt McGurt and Gil too)
Loving and missing Argos & Likky, forever and ever.
~Old age means realizing you will never own all the dogs you wanted to. ~

Guest Smiley

I'm so sorry. When I communicated with Dr. Couto, I did so using this email address: couto.1@osu.edu

He responded within a day, and then one of his associates followed up. Truly wonderful people.

Thank you so much! I imagine my vet will work with him to send him the x-rays etc. Anything I should have ready for Dr. Couto?

:ohno Oh no :cry1 :cry1 :cry1

I'm so terribly sorry, what devastating news. :(:grouphug :grouphug :grouphug

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

If your Vet can take the lead right now to consult with Dr. Couto, and copy you on everything, I am sure that would be the most expedient way to go and Dr. Couto will get everything he needs. I am so sorry you have received this dx. I will keep you and Smiley tucked tightly in my prayers.

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead