Nova Vet Recommendations?

My pups need a new vet. Anyone in NOVA have one they just love? We'd prefer to stay in Alexandria but will go to Arlington, Southern Maryland, etc... if necessary.

Valerie w/ Cash (CashforClunkers) & Lucy (Racing School Dropout)
Missing our gorgeous Miss
Diamond (Shorty's Diamond), sweet boy Gabe (Zared) and Holly (ByGollyItsHolly), who never made it home.

My pups need a new vet. Anyone in NOVA have one they just love? We'd prefer to stay in Alexandria but will go to Arlington, Southern Maryland, etc... if necessary.

A lot of people recommend Dr Kellogg in Falls Church. I live in Old Town and go to Caring Hands Animal Hospital in Arlington. Enza's vet is Dr Miller who has a greyhound. I love the staff - I walked in to get something and DIDN'T have her with me and was nicely yelled at. They handle my panicked phone calls with ease and answer most questions without a visit - and yet take her in right away if need be. I also love that they have weekend hours and stay open late. I appreciate how calm and rational they all are.

Link to Vet

Also - welcome to the area! If you ever want to meet up, let me know as there is a small group of us that run the dogs a lot. And wait till Spring and Doggie Happy Hour!

Edited by EnzaFerrari

Dr. Kellogg is actually with Great Falls Animal Hospital. She is a dream to work with, but it is a hike from Alexandria.

gallery_17374_2906_4494.jpg
Beverly. Missing my happy toy-flinging boy Sammy (Where's Mandrill), (8/12/2009-9/30-2021) Desperately missing my angel Mandy (BB's Luv) [7/1/2000 - 9/18/2012]. Always missing Meg the Dalmatian and Ralph Malph the Pekeapoo.

We use Caring Hands Animal Hospital in Centreville. :) I'm sure the office EnzaFerrari goes to is much closer though. We use Dr. Amy Dillon at the Centreville office. She did an internship near a greyhound track and is quite familiar with the breed and their "quirks." We've been very happy with Dr. Dillon and all of the vets we've used at Caring Hands.

Edited by winnie

Laura with Celeste (ICU Celeste) and Galgos Beatrix and Encarna
The Horse - Gracie (MD Grace E)
Bridge Angels Faye Oops (Santa Fe Oops), Bonny (
Bonny Drive), Darcy (D's Zipperfoot)

We use Caring Hands Animal Hospital in Centreville. :) I'm sure the office EnzaFerrari goes to is much closer though. We use Dr. Amy Dillon at the Centreville office. She did an internship near a greyhound track and is quite familiar with the breed and their "quirks." We've been very happy with Dr. Dillon and all of the vets we've used at Caring Hands.

We also used them when we lived in Falls Church. They were recommended by Virginia Greyhound Adoption, who we adopted with. I don't remember which doctor we saw, but we always liked them. And it's right off 66.

Cathy & Calvin (DOB 9/18/13). Always missing my angel Robin (Abdo Bullard).

Dr. Kellogg is probably in competition for one of the most grey savvy and greyhound parent savvy vets in America. She's amazing in terms of her greyhound specific experience and talks to you like an adult who can make informed decisions for your grey. All NoVA/DC fosters in our program go there. I am rarely at Great Falls Animal Hospital that there isn't at least one more greyhound in the waiting room.

That said she is a hike from this area so for most ailments and healthy visits I go to Dr. Collins or Dr. Gallitz at Ballston Animal Hospital in Arlington, VA. Both of them are grey savvy and also treat you like an intelligent adult. The practice is smaller and I prefer that in general. I'll never forget the day Dr. Gallitz stayed late to do surgery on Inu after he lost a battle with a kitty.

And yeah where are you? Welcome to the insanity of DC.

Colleen with Covey (Admirals Cove) and Rally (greyhound puppy)
Missing my beloved boy INU (CJ Whistlindixie) my sweetest princess SALEM (CJ Little Dixie) and my baby girl ZOE (LR's Tara)

And yeah where are you? Welcome to the insanity of DC.

Thank you! We're in Alexandria, just south of the Beltway. We're renting for a year or so and then plan to buy in the Old Town area.

I'd love to be included in greyhound events/walks/meet and greets, etc... I'm currently trying to get my "sea legs" with the driving around here. The traffic! OMG! :eek

Valerie w/ Cash (CashforClunkers) & Lucy (Racing School Dropout)
Missing our gorgeous Miss
Diamond (Shorty's Diamond), sweet boy Gabe (Zared) and Holly (ByGollyItsHolly), who never made it home.