Emergency! Can Someone Help My Dad?

Guest Energy11

OMG I am so sorry for your Dad's cat and your dad. I wish I lived closer, I would be there in a heartbeat. I hope everything works out for the both of them.

On another note...... I love Staggerlee's name. I have an ancester who's nickname was Staggerlee.

Hi all! Some of you may have read about my Dad's Cat, Red. Well, Dad just called IN TEARS. Red cannot stand up, and keeps falling down. I called the E-vet, and they cannot send anyone out to get the cat.

My Dad, Fred, lives on Freedom Road in Pleasant Valley, NY (*just east of Poughkeepsie). He has Vertigo, and cannot bend over without getting dizzy, nor can he drive at night! IF ANYONE LIVES NEARBY HIM, AND CAN TAKE THIS POOR, SUFFERING CAT to the E-Vet of Route 55, PLEASE LET ME KNOW!!!

I will be ETERNALLY GRATEFUL if someone can help this cat! I have already left a message for the local vet, HOPING someone can come get this cat in the morning, but, GOD, I HATE to see Red, AND my Dad, suffering all night!

Many thanks! Dee

Dee... I'm just reading your note now... it's almost 2 am... so it's not going to help tonight. I'm about 10 miles south of your Dad. I have to take my foster grey down to see his surgeon tomorrow but I should be back about 1 or so. If I can help your dad after that.. or if there's something I can do.. please let me know..

Linda

Bob should be there now. I spoke to your Dad early this morning. I am at work and will call Bob for an update.

"To err is human, to forgive, canine" Audrey, Nova, Cosmo and Holden in NY - Darius and Asia you are both irreplaceable and will be forever in my heart beatinghearts.gif

Guest Energy11

Bob should be there now. I spoke to your Dad early this morning. I am at work and will call Bob for an update.

Hey Audrey!

I just got a call from Bob. When he was there, the neighbor, Wayne, who lives nextdoor, showed up to help Dad with the snow. I called over there several times yesterday and last night ... no answer. I know Dad said he was on vacation. He must have gotten home late last night, so Dad had BOTH Bob and Wayne there today! Wayne took Red to the vets. I am VERY VERY GRATEFUL that Bob did call Dad and go, as I didn't know Wayne was home. I will NEVER forget your kindness, EVER!!!!!!!!!! Love you! Dee, Fred, and Poor Red.

Hi all! Some of you may have read about my Dad's Cat, Red. Well, Dad just called IN TEARS. Red cannot stand up, and keeps falling down. I called the E-vet, and they cannot send anyone out to get the cat.

My Dad, Fred, lives on Freedom Road in Pleasant Valley, NY (*just east of Poughkeepsie). He has Vertigo, and cannot bend over without getting dizzy, nor can he drive at night! IF ANYONE LIVES NEARBY HIM, AND CAN TAKE THIS POOR, SUFFERING CAT to the E-Vet of Route 55, PLEASE LET ME KNOW!!!

I will be ETERNALLY GRATEFUL if someone can help this cat! I have already left a message for the local vet, HOPING someone can come get this cat in the morning, but, GOD, I HATE to see Red, AND my Dad, suffering all night!

Many thanks! Dee

Dee... I'm just reading your note now... it's almost 2 am... so it's not going to help tonight. I'm about 10 miles south of your Dad. I have to take my foster grey down to see his surgeon tomorrow but I should be back about 1 or so. If I can help your dad after that.. or if there's something I can do.. please let me know..

Linda

Thanks Linda! We had two people there to get Red this morning. Bob and the neighbor, who was away, but obviously got home late last night. I totally appreciate your offer! It is good to know you are so close to my Dad, as he does have another cat, etc. Love and thanks! DEE

I hope they can help Red. Bob just called me. Please stay in touch and when you come here in April we will definately get together, I'll have you and your Dad over for dinner.

"To err is human, to forgive, canine" Audrey, Nova, Cosmo and Holden in NY - Darius and Asia you are both irreplaceable and will be forever in my heart beatinghearts.gif

Guest Energy11

I hope they can help Red. Bob just called me. Please stay in touch and when you come here in April we will definately get together, I'll have you and your Dad over for dinner.

I am pretty SURE that Red is too far gone. Bob probably told you how bad he looked. He has definitely had some strokes, cannot see, cannot stand, and is incontinent of urine. I think it is "his time," and he is suffering. I am trying to find which vet he went to now. YES, I will definitely call you when I get there in April! I have your numberd programmed in. I am ALWAYS here for you guys, too! Love you! DEE, Dad too!

Ohhh :( Bob did say he did not look good. How old is Red? let me know what the vet says.

Guest Energy11

Ohhh sad.gif Bob did say he did not look good. How old is Red? let me know what the vet says.

I would say, Red is about 10-12 give or take. His sister, "Sissy" is very healthy and still with Dad. Dad is now feeding a little stray kitten, who, believe this or not, showed up on his doorstep this MORNING! He hope to take it in, but Wayne, the nextdoor neighbor, would have to get it vetted. Will keep you posted!

Oh, Dee! I am just now catching up! I am so sorry your Dad was all alone during this crisis! It's such a helpless feeling! I know there are many of us that would have jumped in our vehicles if we lived closer! Glad your Dad has help now. Isn't it ironic that a stray should show up on his doorstep this morning? Will pray for him and his kitty.

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

Guest Energy11

First of all, thank you to everyone who prayed for Dad and his cat, Red.

I just got off the phone with Dad, and he is VERY sad. Wayne, the nextdoor neighbor, who was away until last last night, ended up taking Red into the vet. He stayed with him, while he was sent to The Bridge, and he said it was a VERY peaceful passing.

Many thanks to EVERYONE who rallied for me, my Dad, and for Red, especially Bob and Audrey. They contacted Dad, and Bob was there early this morning to help! They lived about 45 minutes from my Dad!

All I can say is, I REMAIN OVERWHELMED by the generosity of all of you! It is truly UNBELIEVABLE, and I thank you from the bottom of my heart!

Red is at The Bridge. God Speed. Love you all! Dee flowers_red.gif

Guest Adrianne

So sorry for your dad's loss, but I am glad it was a peaceful passing. So happy for the help you received here. This is a great place.

Guest Javagirl

I'm sorry I didn't see this in time and I'm sorry to hear about your Dad's cat. I'm from that area and have friends who live in PV.

Guest Energy11

I'm sorry I didn't see this in time and I'm sorry to hear about your Dad's cat. I'm from that area and have friends who live in PV.

That's Ok! It worked out all right. The neighbor, Wayne, is usually there for Dad, but he and his wife were away for the holidays, but returned late last night. Thanks for thinking of my Dad!

Guest mcsheltie

This is the first place I looked today when I turned my computer on. There are so many angels at work here. The GT folks Madera & DH and neighbors who helped out. And also the angel that directed the kitten to the right house. The kitten will help your dad heal and give him love... or perhaps the kitten is an angel :)

There is a cool saying about angels in our midst... but of course I can't remember it now.

Edited by mcsheltie

Godspeed, Red.

Big hugs to your dad who I'm sure is missing his little friend.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Oh my, how hard to be so far away from your dad and unable to help. I'm so glad you came on here and asked for help. My condolences to your dad for the loss of his little buddy.

Godspeed Red.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

Guest FrostyBottoms

Awe, I'm just now seeing this. I am sorry Dee. RIP Red.

Sending good thoughts to your dad and his new little kitty that will surely keep him busy.