New To The Forum And Being An Owner

Guest surfersmurf

Guest surfersmurf

i fanally adopted a greyhound. i went through greyhound adoption of ohio. hey name is lyla (le bones), she just turned 2 in september. although she never raced any races she is a champion in adapting to her new home life. she has not suffered from much separation anxiety and pretty much knows what to do when i take her outside. there has been no diarea and is all ready playing and sleeping on her back. i am so shocked at how well she is doing and cant wait for the weather to warm up so we can spend more time outside.

Guest IrskasMom

Hello and WELCOME to GT greenwave.gifgreenwave.gifgreenwave.gif I am so excited you found such a wonderful Girlie . It looks like , there is mutual Love . You are deffinitly on the right Place for Help and Advice and not just that , you can show off camera.gif your Girlie right here to camera.gif

Edited by IrskasMom

Welcome!

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

Welcome from NY. Please post pictures of your girl. Glad she is adapting well. Please use this forum for any questions or concerns or just to post adjustment stories of your girl. We all love to know!

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Guest Art_n_Popper

Congratulations!!!! How are her funny smiles coming along? I volunteer at the kennel, we all love Lyla!

Edited by Art_n_Popper

Guest surfersmurf

i have been taking many pictures i just have to figure out how to post them on this forum. this forum is slightly different than other forums ive been on. but they will be coming soon, i promise. i have some funny ones. she smiles all the time and is very loving. things have been so good that im just waiting for the day that she decides that she wants to be a nightmare, its gotta happen right?

Guest surfersmurf

im just waiting for the day that she decides that she wants to be a nightmare, its gotta happen right?

Nope, doesn't happen

really? i guess my fiance has been reading all kinds of stuff about separation anxiety and is all freaked out that lyla will turn into a monster once we are both at work all day

Guest Art_n_Popper

im just waiting for the day that she decides that she wants to be a nightmare, its gotta happen right?

Nope, doesn't happen

really? i guess my fiance has been reading all kinds of stuff about separation anxiety and is all freaked out that lyla will turn into a monster once we are both at work all day

Oh I was referring to the monster part, they are generally very gentle creatures. Now Separation anxiety is a different thing, just don't overdo it when leaving and coming, leave some music on, perhaps leave a bone w/ a little peanut butter on it in the crate.

Edited by Art_n_Popper

Guest surfersmurf

so far she has been great when we leave. thursday will be her first long day without us here. should be about 8 hours. today she did 5 hours by herself. the only time she cries is if we are home and she is in the crate for a long time. but i have to try to work up her ability to hold it for the long days alone. i'm confident that she will be fine, lyla is an extremely fast learner but tends to be very curious.

Guest surfersmurf

Nope, doesn't happen

Oh I was referring to the monster part, they are generally very gentle creatures. Now Separation anxiety is a different thing, just don't overdo it when leaving and coming, leave some music on, perhaps leave a bone w/ a little peanut butter on it in the crate.

I am pretty sure that you were actually at the kennel the day we were there meeting susan and looking at dogs....it was the day after christmas that saturday we were looking at lyla and david and you were telling us about the dog that would lick kids faces and stuff. Im Brian and my fiance is Nora

Guest MeandHoss

Hi, I am new to the site and thought I would introduce myself. I live in the Syracuse area and am fostering the dog I will probably be adopting in a few weeks. His name is Hoss and he is 3 years old. He had a broken leg which didn't stop him from becoming a velcro dog. We have been together since Monday and so far all is well.

I look forward to getting to know the site, and posting pictures and stories about Hoss and I. :colgate

Anne