I Thought It Was A Pimple

Guest Sasha

Hi everyone,

Need some advice. About two months ago, I found a bump on Sasha's hind leg. It looked like a pimple, so I did not worry to much about it. She had one on her head about a month earlier then that, and it went away. I let it go. Now it has gotten bigger. It's bright red and semi soft. It is raised about a quarter of an inch and you can kind of push it and it moves. I don't know what this is anymore. I went out and bought some anti-bacterial medicine for dogs and started using it today. Last night I also noticed, this pale yellow thick mucus coming out of her female part. Could this be a urinary infection?

She is not acting sick. Her appetite is fine. Nothing else seems different or has changed. Her temperature is fine also. Any help, would be great!!

Thanks!

Guest sheila

this is something you really need to have a vet look at. There is no way anyone can diagnose what is happening and suggest treatments, most of us are just pet owners ourselves.

If you posted pics there may be some who have seen something similar and give you some ideas of what to ask your vet.

The lump could be a benign skin tag or a simple lymphoma that can be left alone. It could be a cancerous tumor that needs to be removed before it spreads.

The discharge could be normal, or it could be a sign of a yeast/bacterial infection that is easily treated with anti-biotics

It's good you're going to the vet, but as a balancing note to the good advice above, my girl Happy had pimples that came and went. We had them checked but they were just that: pimples.

Good luck!

GT-siggy-spring12.jpg

My Inspirations: Grey Pogo, borzoi Katie, Meep the cat, AND MY BELOVED DH!!!
Missing Rowdy, Coco, Brilly, Happy and Wabi.

hmmm well it doesn't look anything like the dermal hemangio Hobbes had so that is a good thing. I'm not sure what it is but I would definitely get it checked out. It could be a number things I'm sure.

Let us know how the vets appointment goes.

Edited by greytluck

Hobbes-Ricard Hatch09/23/99-12/21/09 Always loved, never forgotten. Wally TNJ Boy Howdy, GLS Genuinerisk Corinna

Could also be a sebacious cyst (not an issue), but I'm glad you're getting it checked by your vet.

Beth, Petey (8 September 2018- ), and Faith (22 March 2019). Godspeed Patrick (28 April 1999 - 5 August 2012), Murphy (23 June 2004 - 27 July 2013), Leo (1 May 2009 - 27 January 2020), and Henry (10 August 2010 - 7 August 2020), you were loved more than you can know.

• 2 weeks later...

Any updates on your girl?

Sorry for not getting back sooner. I took her to the vet, who checked for an urinary infection and checked the lump. They told me that it does not look like she has an infection, but gave me a mild antibiotic just in case. Also she told me not to do anything about the lump unless it is getting bigger.

After going home, I thought about it, and I do not want to take a chance, so I scheduled for her to go in and get it removed and checked for cancer. I am trying not to worry too much. It is hard though. Last September, I lost my very first dog, who was 12 to cancer. Sasha is so young, so I am just going to pray that it is nothing to worry about.

Thank you everyone for your feedback.

Any updates on your girl?

Sorry for not getting back sooner. I took her to the vet, who checked for an urinary infection and checked the lump. They told me that it does not look like she has an infection, but gave me a mild antibiotic just in case. Also she told me not to do anything about the lump unless it is getting bigger.

After going home, I thought about it, and I do not want to take a chance, so I scheduled for her to go in and get it removed and checked for cancer. I am trying not to worry too much. It is hard though. Last September, I lost my very first dog, who was 12 to cancer. Sasha is so young, so I am just going to pray that it is nothing to worry about.

Thank you everyone for your feedback.

Sending good thoughts to you and Sasha for a very good outcome.

Sunsands Doodles: Doodles aka Claire, Bella Run Softly: Softy aka Bowie (the Diamond Dog)

Missing my beautiful boy Sunsands Carl 2.25.2003 - 4.1.2014

Update:

Sasha went in this morning to have it removed. They kept her in overnight because of the bleeding. I am trying not to worry, we should know something in about 5 days according to the vet. The vet said that by the time they removed it all, it was a lot bigger then what it looked like on the outside. Will let everyone know when we find out.

Sounds like you were smart to listen to your inner voice on this one. Good thoughts for a good outcome on this one.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

Woo hoo, just got the biopsy results, its not cancer! Thank you everyone for your concern.

Need some advice. About two months ago, I found a bump on Sasha's hind leg. It looked like a pimple, so I did not worry to much about it. She had one on her head about a month earlier then that, and it went away. I let it go. Now it has gotten bigger. It's bright red and semi soft. It is raised about a quarter of an inch and you can kind of push it and it moves. I don't know what this is anymore. I went out and bought some anti-bacterial medicine for dogs and started using it today. Last night I also noticed, this pale yellow thick mucus coming out of her female part. Could this be a urinary infection?

She is not acting sick. Her appetite is fine. Nothing else seems different or has changed. Her temperature is fine also. Any help, would be great!!

Thanks!