Does Your Grey Sleep With You?

Guest SuperiorItaly

Guest BlackandBrindle

Spud generally sleeps on the bed with us (climbs up after we are asleep).

Sadie generally sleeps in the living room or the dog room (guest room with a futon).

Don't take it personally. Sometimes they just like sleeping in another room. I of course blame it on Roy's snoring. :P

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Heehoo

I would not be able to sleep if there wasn't at least one on the bed. Gabby sleeps right up against me all night long. Jack likes to sleep on the pillows but will settle for the bend of my legs. Banker wants MY side of the bed & will stand there for hours if I don't give in, usually what I do is sit up for him to jump up behind me, then lay down real quick so he has to choose another spot. Pipi doesn't like anyone to move if she's on the bed, so usually she doesn't stay there long. Gogh & BuyCut were my constant bed partners & would actually watch for me to start for the bedroom & then race me to the bed. The other morning I woke up & there were 3 greys & 4 cats on the bed, Who needs an electric blanket? :hehe

Guest Energy11
lol.gif Staggerlee sleeps with DH. I sleep with whomever, whenever, and yes, I always sleep with one or two ... or three ... or four ... wouldn't have it ANY other way! :-)) They come in handy in the cold weather, too! :-)))

Guest Javagirl

......... Granted my share of the bed dwindled as the night went on :blink:

And therein lies the issue with letting the dog in bed with you. Ladd sleeps with me until my partner gets home and then Ladd gets down and sleeps on his bed at the foot of our bed until about 3am - at which point he gets up on the bed, wedges himself between my boyfriend and I and starts to push his feet against one of us to make us move over. By morning, one of us is usually holding a small square of the blanket and Ladd is wrapped up tight. Yes, its cuddly and cute, but dang it can be annoying. Careful what you wish for!

I leave all of mine downstairs on their beds (or the sofa) at night. That started when I adopted Hitch and he will not, not, not go up the stairs and I didn't want to leave him downstairs by himself. He's too heavy to tote up and down. The girls always slept with me in my bed (and Angel Lewis on his bed; he didn't do furniture for some reason) before and didn't like it when I changed the rules but they've gotten used to it. Sparkle's (my cat) food bowls and litter box are upstairs and the boys, when they have been up there, are way too interested in finding those to sleep!!! I would love to have them all up there with me but as long as Hitchie is with me, I won't leave him downstairs without company.

siggie50_1.jpg

Blair, Stella (DND Heather), Lizzie (M's Deadra), Hitch (Hallo Dominant) and House (Mac's Dr. House)

Missing my handsome men Lewis (Vs Lowrider) - 11/11/01 - 3/11/09, Kevin (Dakota's Hi Five) - 1/1/06 - 4/18/11 and my cat, Sparkle Baby - ??/??/96 - 4/23/11

"The gift which I am sending you is called a dog, and is, in fact, the most precious and valuable possession of mankind." (Theodorus Gaza)

Guest jvandover

We are letting Lovie sleep on the floor in our bedroom, but not in our bed. She was just fine her first night, no crying or getting up, just slept till 8am. We will see tonight.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest judithb

Yup. Roy sleeps ON TOP OF ME. If I get up to pee, I have to push a pillow in my space, so he doesn't take over completely. I just got Tessa in September. SHE IS AFRAID OF JUMPING ON THE BED! Or the couch, etc. She's much better up on the bed, since she feels part of the pack and it kept her from having accidents (was an outdoor dog--new to the leash, etc.) So (if Cesar Millan could hear me, he'd cringe), Roy jumps on the bed. Then I put Tessa's front paws up and lift the rest of her. Today I went to the chiropractor because of sever upper back pain. I'm even taking some pain killers. I don't completely blame Tessa, since I am recovering from some nasty stuff and I am weak, and my job is very physical and stressful. Last night I blew up 2 air mattresses, covered them with a down quilt, and put them next to the bed. After a lot of encouragement, she came on the mattress and eventually on my bed. The bedroom is ridiculous now, and I am hoping to slowly remove one level. (I tried step stools from Container Store--too scary) Tell me I'm crazy, but I don't know what to do!

Judith

Guest FastDogsOwnMe

I would have to use a crowbar to pry my hounds out of my bed! The only exception is Charlotte, who actually prefers her crate (with the door open). If I shut her out of my room, she'd cry outside the door.

She must have read this, because the past few days she's decided to join us in the bed :rolleyes:

Guest BeakerBoy

Beaker sleeps on the floor of our room-he's never even been on the bed (or any other piece of furniture for that matter). He's never made a move to get on any furniture and I've never encouraged him to do so, so he gets to go wherever he wants on the floor and us humans get the furniture. :) I do like having him sleep in our room since he's still relatively new to us-that way I know what he's doing. It seems to suit him just fine!

Guest eaglflyt

Ady Bea sleeps on her own fluffy bed on the floor next to my side of the bed. Our bed is very high and just a full size ... so not much room and if anyone fell off, it would be a hospital trip for sure! :blush Ady is comfy on her fluffy bed, but if she loses her blanky, she will wake me to re-cover her during the night. Jammies have been a huge help. :colgate