Tia The Princess

Guest Scouts_mom

Guest Scouts_mom

My Tia, my beautiful fawn girl, the princess who ruled the house with a velvet paw left us just before Christmas. She was over 14 years old and seemed to have lost her joy in life. She'd been having nerve trouble in her hind-quarters for several years and it had gotten to the point where the anti-inflamitories, pain medicines and accupunture were just not doing the job.

Tia came to me as a very young 2-year old. She was terrified of the world and most particularly strange dogs, but somehow she knew to trust my first greyhound Scout. Scout made it clear that she wanted Tia (MPS Miss Smiley) as a sister so she came home with us. Tia grew to depend on Scout to know when she should be scared. They would walk side-by-side in front of me on our walks and as we approached anything new I would see Tia glance at Scout to see how she was reacting. If Scout was upset, Tia would get scared, but not much upset Scout so Tia learned to relax.

Gradually Tia gained confidence and turned into a little imp. If there was something to get into, she would be in it. If it could be chewed, she would chew it (who knew that wall board tasted good?). If there was anyway to escape the yard she would figure it out(she learned how to open the latch). And housebreaking was a nightmare! I came very close to giving her back several times but I hung in there and she blossomed into a lovely, loving girl.

Tia and Scout were my team for screening homes for future greyhound pets and they loved it. Tia was convinced that we visited people just so they could give her some loving. (She did pee on a few people's rugs, but I learned it was the perfect test on whether they would be good owners--some we never heard from again (good riddance), others just cleaned it up and went on to be great grey owners.)

When Scout was taken from us by bone cancer, Tia was lost. So I brought home Lizzy, who was only able to stay with us for a year, and then my white and brindle broodmama, Mindy, came home. Mindy is a timid girl and roles reversed! Tia now had to be the leader and show Mindy what was safe and what to worry about. Tia stepped into the role with dignity and grace and took good care of her new sister.

The timid lost little girl was long gone. Tia knew what she wanted and deserved and she knew how to make sure she would get it. When she wanted to play, she would stamp her feet at me and then run to get a stuffie and toss it. Then stamp, grab and toss again, inviting me to join in, which of course I did. And she knew she was entitled to the section of the couch that she wanted. If another dog, cat or person was in her spot she would stand by them and glare. If they didn't immediately move, she would find me and bark until the unresponsive one was moved. When she was young, she loved to run and would always be leading the pack of her fellow greyhounds. As she grew older, she gracefully settled into the role of spectator and chaparone, cheering on the runners and in the midst of whatever was going on.

Tia was always there for me. She and Scout helped me recover from a major illness and fight depression over the years. She always knew when I needed chearing up and when I needed a cuddling dog next to me.

Tia was my friend.post-9911-1262462268444_thumb.jpg

Tia has an album here: Greytalk> Gallery> Members Gallery> tia

Edited by Scouts_mom

I'm so sorry. No consolation, I know, but it sounds like she had the perfect life with you.

Godspeed, lovely girl.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

I'm so sorry for your loss. Your girl sounds like she blossomed under your care. What a lucky girl to have found you. Godspeed sweetie.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

Twelve good years with you...what a lucky girl she was. I am so sorry. Your tribute was lovely.

siggie50_1.jpg

Blair, Stella (DND Heather), Lizzie (M's Deadra), Hitch (Hallo Dominant) and House (Mac's Dr. House)

Missing my handsome men Lewis (Vs Lowrider) - 11/11/01 - 3/11/09, Kevin (Dakota's Hi Five) - 1/1/06 - 4/18/11 and my cat, Sparkle Baby - ??/??/96 - 4/23/11

"The gift which I am sending you is called a dog, and is, in fact, the most precious and valuable possession of mankind." (Theodorus Gaza)

I am so sorry for the loss of your beautiful Tia. She enjoyed a good, long life with you.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

Beautiful tribute for a very beautiful princess, Tia.

I am so sorry for your loss.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Even when you feel like your heart has shattered with the loss of your precious Tia, she is there in your heart, holding it together with memories. We share your loss....

L.

large.rycezmom_Sig.jpg.c7b7915d082b1bb35
The more I see of man, the more I like dogs. ~Mme. de Staël
Missing my Bridge Angels Ryce, Bo, Jim, Miss Millie, Miss Rose, Gustopher P Jones (Pimpmaster G), Miss Isabella and Miss Star

I'm so sorry. :cry1

Godspeed Tia.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

cry1.gif I'm so sorry for the loss of your beautiful princess.flowers_red.gif

Paula & her pups--Paneer (WW Outlook Ladd), Kira & Rhett (the whippets)
Forever in my heart...Tinsel (Born's Bounder - 11/9/90-12/18/01), Piper, Chevy, Keno, Zuma, Little One, Phaelin & Winnie
Greyhound Adoption Center ~ So Cal rep for Whippet Rescue And Placement

For beautiful beaded collars, check out my Facebook page: The Swanky Hound