Need Healing Prayers For Jake

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

More good thoughts and prayers for Jake coming your way. I hope he improves quickly.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

A course of doxy sure sounds like a good thing to try for your poor boy. Prayers heading Jake's way, for sure.

--Lucy

Edited by LBass

gallery_2398_3082_9958.jpg
Lucy with Greyhound Nate and OSH Tinker. With loving memories of MoMo (FTH Chyna Moon), Spirit, Miles the slinky kitty (OSH), Piper "The Perfect" (Oneco Chaplin), Winston, Yoda, Hector, and Claire.

Today is a better day. Jake is putting weight on his leg, although it is still swollen. Plus he went upstairs today without crying for 5 minutes before he went up.

Mary, we talked about re running the tick panel, but Miki decided not to. We may as well put the money into treatment. Especially since if it is tick it's more likely to be one we haven't tested for. I'm going out later to get him his own weekly med container. rolleyes.gif He's got more pill containers than I do.

From today, can you see how much bigger his left hock is than his right?

jansnow003.jpg

Edited by foxysmom

Casual Bling & Hope for Hounds
Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.

How's he doing today Janet?

gallery_7628_2929_17259.jpg

Susan, Jessie and Jordy NORTHERN SKY GREYHOUND ADOPTION ASSOCIATION

Jack, in my heart forever March 1999-Nov 21, 2008 My Dancing Queen Jilly with me always and forever Aug 12, 2003-Oct 15, 2010

Joshy I will love you always Aug 1, 2004-Feb 22,2013 Jonah my sweetheart May 2000 - Jan 2015

" You will never need to be alone again. I promise this. As your dog, I will sing this promise to you, and whisper it to you at night, every night, with my breath." Stanley Coren

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I just sent this email to our vet to let her know how Jake is after one month of doxy.

Here is the latest on our big boy.

He finished the doxy yesterday, he's tolerated it really well.

What we've seen since 2 1/2 weeks into it is our old boy is back! He has been out several times and played before we could catch him. unsure.gif Lots of hellicopter spins, he fell once and ran into the door once.rolleyes.gif No swelling at all. He is back to getting on the couch, to be honest I don't really remember when he stopped. He comes upstairs and sleeps up on the bed again. He even looks perkier. :D

At this point I'm cautiously optimistic that it worked. Time will tell.

Casual Bling & Hope for Hounds
Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.

Very good news! Fingers crossed for continued perkiness! :)

Kristin in Moline, IL USA with Ozzie (MRL Crusin Clem), Clarice (Clarice McBones), Latte and Sage the IGs, and the kitties: Violet and Rose
Lovingly Remembered: Sutra (Fliowa Sutra) 12/02/97-10/12/10, Pinky (Pick Me) 04/20/03-11/19/12, Fritz (Fritz Fire) 02/05/01 - 05/20/13, Ace (Fantastic Ace) 02/05/01 - 07/05/13, and Carrie (Takin the Crumbs) 05/08/99 - 09/04/13.

A cure for cancer can't come soon enough.--