Dewey Razorslide Aka Tawny

Guest VaGreymom

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest PhillyPups

I am so very very sorry. I feel we take their pain and carry it in our hearts forever. We go on because so many others need us. Since I lost my first, I started doing things in Runner's honor. Now I do things in honor of all the ones I lost, for me, not to do so would be a disservice to the wonderful love I learned from my angels. I don't feel the pain ever leaves me, I just learn to carry it between the laughs and smiles my hounds that are with me give to me on such a regular basis.

Run with the angesl Sweet Tawny, you are with some of the very very best ~

I am so sorry

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

I'm so sorry for your loss. She was much too young.

Mary, mom to kitty Rebel.
Always missing Sherri (SO DELICIOUS) (12/6/2005-8/29/2018) kitties Marley (4/2000-12/3/2015) and Beady (4/1998-2/24/2006) and Dalmatian Daisy (7/25/1984-5/13/1999).

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work

and give to those who would not - Thomas Jefferson

I am very sorry for your loss of Tawny. Keep her close, she will be there for you. Only time will allow the process of remembering all the good times you had together. Know that she is thanking you for giving her a life of love.

Run free sweety, run free.. :gh_run

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

I am so sorry! :cry1 :cry1

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

I am so sorry :cry1

Godspeed to the bridge....run free sweet baby...

Katy....Mom to Retired Racers Hinder, John Carter, Hobsen, and Kodama, Galgo Espanol Gichin, and the Village Idiot...Teko
Missing terribly my fawn dog with the pretty ears Chance (Ale Seeyoulater) 6/21/05-6/23/15 Gotcha day 4/6/08 and my fuzzy baby boy Snacker (Tyville Snacker) 7/4/04-10/23/15, and all three of my IG babies, Isen, Tien, and Java.

How utterly heartbreaking. :brokenheart I am so terribly sorry :cry1 :cry1

I can't even begin to imagine what you must be going through. :(:grouphug :grouphug :grouphug

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

My heart breaks for you. I know the utter devastation you speak of. When my soulmate Slim crosssed over suddenly at only 6 yoa I decided that one thing I would do was just not eat. I can't tell you why exactly. It just made me feel better to strike out at something-anything. Amazingly a neighbor who used to bring me food from her farm once a year suddenly appeared with lots of food. Didn't make any difference to me. An army couldn't have crammed it down my mouth. Then the Lord reminded me of Jonah, and the whale....So luckily I knew better than try and fight God Almighty and had no desire to go through what Jonah did so I grudgingly ate. I totally withdrew from life. My son wound up sending the state police to see if I was still alive. I cried to my God and He told me that Slim didn't die, that only his body did, that Slim was OK. At the same time Slim was sending me all sorts of "signs" confirming this. Eventually I learned that he AND I could STILL could move forward-just as we had when he was here in body. I have since learned that he is my spirit guide and he is with me still. In fact he originally picked me because he knew I would be able to help him on this side. I miss his being here in body but he IS with me and on my mind always. No you will never be the same. I have never been the same since Slim left either. But I have accepted the new path our realtionship has taken(as did Slim) and to be honest it is a blessing. I have shared my experience-perhaps a little too bluntly- in the hopes that it will help you to hang on.grouphug.gif I skipped a lot so don't worry if it doesn't make sense to you at this point. Just know you are not alone. It will be OK. Tawny will always be a part of you-always be a blessing to you. Please just try and be open minded and she might even send you a "sign." Death is not the end.

For love is as strong as death….

Many waters cannot quench love,

Nor can the floods drown it.

Song of Solomon 8:6-7

flowers_pink.gifflowers_red.gif

Edited by racindog

cry1.gifgrouphug.gif I'm so very sorry. flowers_red.gif

Paula & her pups--Paneer (WW Outlook Ladd), Kira & Rhett (the whippets)
Forever in my heart...Tinsel (Born's Bounder - 11/9/90-12/18/01), Piper, Chevy, Keno, Zuma, Little One, Phaelin & Winnie
Greyhound Adoption Center ~ So Cal rep for Whippet Rescue And Placement

For beautiful beaded collars, check out my Facebook page: The Swanky Hound

I'm so sorry :grouphug .

Your post brings back so many memories of my loss of Teddy three years ago. He was 6 and a half years old, it was the same time of year, and he had that same awful disease. In our case, too, we were initially told it wasn't cancer but it turned out it was and the pain progressed very rapidly until we had to say goodbye much sooner than we hoped.

It is utterly devasting and so unfair to lose Tawny so young and so unexpectedly. You will never be the same. Love always changes you. My life changed a lot after I lost Teddy. I ended up leaving a job I had hated for years: after Teddy died I just couldn't do it any more and handed in my notice. Afterwards, I realised it was one of the best decisions I ever made: it is such a waste of life to spend it doing something you don't enjoy. Someone I talked to about it later on suggested that perhaps that was Teddy's gift to me. I don't know, but I do know that since Teddy died I make sure that I make the most of every single day I am given with my beloved dogs. Life and love are both very precious.

As for how to cope, there aren't any easy answers but take it one step at a time, be kind to yourself and try not to have any expectations about how you "should" be feeling or when you "should" be feeling better :grouphug .

Rest in peace, Tawny :brokenheart .

SunnySophiePegsdon.jpg

When a relationship of love is disrupted, the relationship does not cease. The love continues; therefore, the relationship continues. The work of grief is to reconcile and redeem life to a different love relationship. ~ W Scott Lineberry

Always Greyhounds Home Boarding and Greyhounds With Love House Sitting

• 2 weeks later...
:f_white:f_white

ATASCOSITA DIAZ - MY WONDER DOG!
Missing our Raisin: 9/9/94 - 7/20/08, our Super Bea: 2003 - 12/16/09, our Howie: 9/17/97 - 4/9/11, our Bull: 8/7/00 - 1/17/13, our Wyatt Earp: 11/22/06 - 12/16/15, and our Cyclone 8/26/05 - 9/12/16