Dewey Razorslide Aka Tawny

Guest VaGreymom

Guest VaGreymom

I never wanted this day to come to post in remembrance. I made the most painful decision to help my girl to the bridge. She had osteo. It happened so fast,she developed a slight limp the first week of December. My mind went to osteo, took her to the vets and nothing showed up. Move 2 weeks forward to the week of Christmas. Took her to the vet Christmas eve as she started curling her foot under and started limping really bad. THey did not feel it was osteo. Saturday after Christmas she cried when getting up and down, she was in severe pain. We had her on Tramadol. Monday am took her to a different vet where the sedated her and got different views of xrays. It was osteo, Dr. Couto confirmed this. She was only 7. She was my lovebug, my talker and my bedbuddy. She died in my arms and I will never be the same. I don't know how all of you cope when loosing your grey. I am devasted.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am so very sorry. :cry1 She left much too young.

Godspeed Tawny.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

I'm so sorry.

In answer to your question, how we all cope. We don't have too many options. We just take one day at a time and if that is too much, then it's one hour or minute at at time. We never stop loving, but the pain does subside. I remember thinking I did not want the pain to stop because it was the only thing I had left. But, one day, instead of only crying when I thought of Polli- I smiled and laughed. There were tears too, as there still are, but instead of remembering the way it felt when her little heart stopped, I am able to think of all her antics.

:grouphug:f_pink:grouphug

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

So young. So sad. I am so very, very sorry for your loss. Run pain free, Tawny. :f_red

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

Guest VaGreymom

Not sure how to edit this but her birthday is May 21, 2002, I typed 2001. If anyone can fix it I would appreciate it. I want it to be right for her.

Guest tricolorhounds

What Robin said above... One minute at a time in the beginning and then one day at a time.

I'm so sorry your little girl had to leave you today :grouphug ... It's not fair, she was still a baby.

... run free Tawny :gh_run2

I'm so sorry. Osteo is a miserable, horrible disease no matter what the age. RobinM pretty much summed it up...I was numb for weeks but now I can look back and smile when I think of Lewis.

Rest well, sweet girl...

siggie50_1.jpg

Blair, Stella (DND Heather), Lizzie (M's Deadra), Hitch (Hallo Dominant) and House (Mac's Dr. House)

Missing my handsome men Lewis (Vs Lowrider) - 11/11/01 - 3/11/09, Kevin (Dakota's Hi Five) - 1/1/06 - 4/18/11 and my cat, Sparkle Baby - ??/??/96 - 4/23/11

"The gift which I am sending you is called a dog, and is, in fact, the most precious and valuable possession of mankind." (Theodorus Gaza)