Augie Dogie

Guest GreysAndMoreGreys

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest 3greysinPA

:cry1 What a beautiful tribute to Augie ... Your Love for him and his Love for you shines thru in the pictures and your words. I'm so very sorry that you had to say goodbye to this sweet hound who clearly loved the Momma at his house.

f_yellow:gh_run2 God Speed to the Bridge Augie :gh_run2f_yellow

and hugs to you Heather. :grouphug:grouphug:grouphug

What a very touching tribute to your best boy. :heart My deepest condolences for your sudden loss. :cry1

Go run like the wind with the angels, sweet Augie... :gh_run

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

Oh Heather, I'm so very sorry. :grouphug

...............Chase (FTH Smooth Talker), Morgan (Cata), Reggie (Gable Caney), Rufus
(Reward RJ). Fosters check in, but they don't check out.
Forever loved -- Cosmo (System Br Mynoel), March 11, 2002 - October 8, 2009.
Miss Cosmo was a lady. And a lady always knows when to leave.

I am so sorry for your loss. Thank you for sharing his story and memories with us. He was so lucky that he was able to spend his retirement with you.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

Guest SkinnyLegDogLover

I am sad that he passed, but that picture of him enjoying your coffee made me smile, and isn't that what these guys do best? Make us smile. Run free, Augie. :heart

Guest KennelMom

Damn, Heather :grouphug I'm so sorry Augie had to say goodbye. I've enjoyed hearing his stories over the years and will enjoy remembering him with you for many more. He was a special boy will never be forgotten and he's lucky to have landed in your kennel that day.

Godspeed, sweet boy Augie...

I'm so very sorry. :cry1 He was magnificent.

Godspeed Augie.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Heather, I am truly sorry to hear about Augie. What a beautiful tribute. :grouphug

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

I didn't know Augie's story---thank-you for sharing it with us, as well as his pictures. Oh, my gosh, he was stunningly beautiful! And he was absolutely meant to be with you.

What a sad and terrible loss. I'm so, so sorry.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

What an amazing story you shared. He was indeed your dog, and you his person.

I have no doubt he will be waiting for you. For you, many years; for him, the blink of an eye.

{{{{{{{{{{Heather & Kevin}}}}}}}}}}

Rest well, sweet boy.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

I have tears just reading your post. I know words can not help you at this time. I am so very sorry! We send you hugs! What a love Augie was to you and your family. I am truly sorry that I never met him. Wonderful pictures you shared with us especially peeking over the sofa and drinking his coffee on the deck.bighug.gifghrun.gif Augie, may the wind never slow you down beautiful boy!

gallery_19161_3282_5037.jpg

Guest lynne893

What a handsome critter. I'm so sorry you lost him.

We on these boards know how hard it is, what you're going through. It won't be easy. But, some day not too far off, you will feel a calming peace, in his memory.

Run Free Augie!!

Guest Energy11

God Speed your amazing Augie!!!!! We love you and send our prayers... Bob, Energy, Dasher, and Max ... met him at The Bridge, I am sure! :f_red:f_red:f_red:f_red:f_red

Edited by Energy11

Guest GriffinsMom

What a lovely tribute to your special boy. I'm so sorry that you could not be there in person for Augie but I'm sure he knew how much you loved him. Godspeed to the Bridge Augie.

flowers_red.gifghrun.gifflowers_red.gif