And Now..2009 Is Over

Guest tammymacb

Guest tammymacb

DSCN0075.jpg

My Keena. I never had a chance to say goodbye. You left with a waggy tail, and I sat by the phone waiting for the vet to call me to pick you up. I never saw you alive again. You filled a hole in my heart I didn't know I had. You taught me about a love I didn't know exhisted. Driving home from work, I couldn't wait to get there. To see you. Yes, Daddy and everybody else too. But, I knew you were always the happiest to see me. It's been 5 months and 3 days since the saddest day of my life. I though by now I wouldn't cry everyday. But I still do. And I still miss you more than my heart can bear. Now instead of you on the couch, sadness is my companion. I just wish I'd been able to keep you longer, or at least get to say goodbye.

So, goodbye 2009, and goodbye that hateful day -July 27. I wish I could never think of that day again. But, I know I will. I miss you, Keena. And I love you. And I pray that I'll see you again someday.

Edited by tammymacb

:bighug She was a beautiful girl.

gallery_12867_3348_20333.jpg
~Beth, with a crazy mixed crew of misfits.
~ Forever and Always missing and loving Steak, Carmen, Ivy, Isis, and Madi.
Don't cry because it's ended, Smile because it happened.
Before you judge me, try to keep an open mind, not everyone likes your taste.

:grouphug I hope the day will come when you will be able to think of her and only smile.

...............Chase (FTH Smooth Talker), Morgan (Cata), Reggie (Gable Caney), Rufus
(Reward RJ). Fosters check in, but they don't check out.
Forever loved -- Cosmo (System Br Mynoel), March 11, 2002 - October 8, 2009.
Miss Cosmo was a lady. And a lady always knows when to leave.

what a sweet beautiful girl she was :wub::cry1

sending healing hugs your way, Tammy :grouphug

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

:grouphug :grouphug Losing a hound anytime is hard, but losing one and not being able to say goodbye is unbearable. I didn't think it would be any different losing Andy after Emmy, but my being away and not being able to say goodbye to him brought the most unbearable pain. It's taken me a year to be able to say his name without crying. I know exactly how you feel.

My heart goes out to you. Someday I hope we all who have lost hounds and not been there with them will be able to smile again.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

:grouphug

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

My biggest fear was always to have one of my dogs die alone, without me with them.

That fear came to life with my very first girl Katie, who had a massive seizure in the back yard while I was at work.

That nearly destroyed me, and actually did destroy a big part of me.

Since then, I've lost Tanner and Misty. The pain of losing them has been as intense. The only difference is the guilt is worse with Katie because I wasn't there.

Like you, not being with them was out of our control, I think our minds know that but our hearts have not caught up. Maybe it will, maybe it won't.

I truly know the pain you feel, I pray it gets better

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

I feel for you, Tammy. Last night I almost didn't want the new year to click over because it felt wrong. To say that H and J died Last Year seems so far away and I still feel their absence like they've just left the room. :grouphug I hope 2010 is better for not only both of us but for everyone that's lost a little love in 2009.

Edited by GreyhoundNan

1891749469_26b4440a06_m.jpg
Nancy and Simon Dunne, with Clown and Daisy in Greenville,

SC....but missing West Yorkshire summat chronic! uk.gif