Home Needed

Guest Marty

This beautiful 11 year old black grey called Holly needs a new home due to a divorce in the family. She is very lonely since her friend died-he was hit by a car,leg amputated and then lost a toenail which went septic. House was remortgaged for surgery for Forest and he lived for about 2 years until the sepsis took over. Originally this pair was adopted by a couple who loved them but were being deployed to Iraq. It was asked that the two be adopted together if possible and they were about 5-6 years ago. Now the family is being torn by divorce, the house being sold and apartments coming in. The owner whom I know through my hairdresser is having a dental on Holly this weekend and if she could find a home or a foster home she would even help pay the bills. They are trying to place her with any grey friend as she is a people pleaser, gets along with other dogs and just loveable. She is in great shape for her age and has always been good but it would be too hard on her to go back to a shelter after 7-8 years of a home life. If I did not have 4 I would take her in as this is not the way the last years should be spent. She loves to walk and play . Holly is located in the Salem MA area and needs to find a home in a month. If anyone can find it in their hearts to not let this little girl find a home for a few years, please contact me at marty-adams-desimone@comcast.net. She has had a tough life losing her first home, then losing her buddy and now losing her second home. She is a little anxious but happy around other dogs or people. She is not a fighter but a lover and quiet. Could be good with cats but not known. The owner is frantic and does not want this gentle girl on the streets as she could never put her down. The owner is also having a tough time as both of the members of the couple love her but one is starting a traveling job and will not have a stable home and the other has found no apartment that would take Holly in. The dog friendly North East. If you know any one please get in touch with me. We just cannot afford 5 dogs as we have 3 elderly dogs and a foster who is a loveable hellion. Please search in your hearts and minds to help find a home. Thank you. Marty

Bumping up to the top. I am so sorry, I wish I could help but am not anywhere near you. :(

gallery_12867_3348_20333.jpg
~Beth, with a crazy mixed crew of misfits.
~ Forever and Always missing and loving Steak, Carmen, Ivy, Isis, and Madi.
Don't cry because it's ended, Smile because it happened.
Before you judge me, try to keep an open mind, not everyone likes your taste.

Guest greybookends

is GURing her an option?

you don't have enough posts for me to PM you...

Meridith the OP did leave an e mail address in the post.

I hope this girl finds a home that she can spend her senior years in.

I posted the link to this thread in EEG for better exposure and pmed a few people about this.

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

Guest Mooogies

I just wanted to say, after reading about the 2 greyhounds abandoned at a boarding kennel and now seeing this post and seeing all of you step up to the plate instantly to find these wonderful dogs homes.....it's obvious where your passions lie. You all will go to a special place, with your angel hounds that are waiting at the bridge.

Prayers for this new senior lady to find a new home.

Wish I was closer, I would love to give her a home

The owner is so desperate perhaps she would pay for the dog to fly out. Not sure but will talk to her if you are really interested Thanks. Marty

is GURing her an option?

Sorry but I do not even know what GURing her means. I guess I am kind of a dope but heart in right place.marty

Thank you Robin. I've sent to call out to the greyhound people I know in the Boston area.

Thank you for doing this guys. I really do not know how to do this and would like not to be a pain to anyone but it would be great if we could come up with a home. Marty

Thank you Robin. I've sent to call out to the greyhound people I know in the Boston area.

Thank you guys and Robin thanks for accepting me. I do not get quite how to use the sight. You should have seen me at 3 am. But I remember this dog from 5-6 years ago and I know from a friend what great things you all do. Marty

I posted the link to this thread in EEG for better exposure and pmed a few people about this.

Wish I was closer, I would love to give her a home

The owner is so desperate perhaps she would pay for the dog to fly out. Not sure but will talk to her if you are really interested Thanks. Marty

is GURing her an option?

Sorry but I do not even know what GURing her means. I guess I am kind of a dope but heart in right place.marty

Thank you for doing this guys. I really do not know how to do this and would like not to be a pain to anyone but it would be great if we could come up with a home. Marty

Thank you guys and Robin thanks for accepting me. I do not get quite how to use the sight. You should have seen me at 3 am. But I remember this dog from 5-6 years ago and I know from a friend what great things you all do. Marty

Marty my email is riverbosun@comcast.net and my cell is 617-901-1923

Marty, have you seen this post?

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

Marty, the owner wouldn't have to pay to fly the dog here, I would be more than happy to. But...not on a commercial flight, that would worry me for a girl this age.

But I would give her a home in a heartbeat

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

Marty, the owner wouldn't have to pay to fly the dog here, I would be more than happy to. But...not on a commercial flight, that would worry me for a girl this age.

Bless you :) Wasn't there an airline (pet or private?) who was willing to fly "rescues" for free a few months ago? I can't remember the details or who posted it.

Bless you :) Wasn't there an airline (pet or private?) who was willing to fly "rescues" for free a few months ago? I can't remember the details or who posted it.

You're thinking of PilotsnPaws I think. Not sure what they're doing these days, Pat(Greytexplorer) works with them quite a bit.

A flight doesn't need to be free, but I don't think an 11yr old would be up for a commercial flight.

Looks like they have this little girl covered

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

Just t/w Hollys owner (wish this post could be consolidated as I feel like I have multiple personality) and we will talk again after Holly has an x-ray on Wednesday as she anticipates some extractions. We will likely meet next week or sooner if her housing issues become front and center.

Barbara
Majestic and Ranger

"If you want to hear the patter of little feet I'll put shoes on my dogs."

Please keep us updated on Holly if you can. It sounds like there is a plan.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

Just t/w Hollys owner (wish this post could be consolidated as I feel like I have multiple personality) and we will talk again after Holly has an x-ray on Wednesday as she anticipates some extractions. We will likely meet next week or sooner if her housing issues become front and center.

Thank you for stepping in to help this girl. I'm glad someone local was able to be there for her.

Paula & her pups--Paneer (WW Outlook Ladd), Kira & Rhett (the whippets)
Forever in my heart...Tinsel (Born's Bounder - 11/9/90-12/18/01), Piper, Chevy, Keno, Zuma, Little One, Phaelin & Winnie
Greyhound Adoption Center ~ So Cal rep for Whippet Rescue And Placement

For beautiful beaded collars, check out my Facebook page: The Swanky Hound

Thank you for stepping in to help this girl. I'm glad someone local was able to be there for her.

I know this is getting confusing . I get responses here as well and it would be better if we could get a thread going-not that I know how to............ I am just telling people that I will get info after Wed. if that is OK with you. What is it that I could do to help? Thanks Marty

Beverly and I planned to talk after Wednesday (Hollys dental x-rays are scheduled on that day). She knows she can call me if she needs to do something sooner. I think she wants to send Holly with a healthy mouth as she's anticipating extractions.

Barbara
Majestic and Ranger

"If you want to hear the patter of little feet I'll put shoes on my dogs."

Beverly and I planned to talk after Wednesday (Hollys dental x-rays are scheduled on that day). She knows she can call me if she needs to do something sooner. I think she wants to send Holly with a healthy mouth as she's anticipating extractions.

I think you are right-the whole thing seems so sad to me. Marty But thank you for all the help.