Helped Mugsy To The Bridge.

Guest TeddysMom

Guest TeddysMom

We had to make a tough decision a little while ago. Mugsy, an almost 16 year old LhasaApso, developed a heart problem and has been on meds for a few weeks. This morning DH called me to check on Mugsy, he was having trouble breathing and was in distress. I gave him prednisone to see if it would help him but no change. About 1pm he had a coughing spell and coughed

up blood. I called the vet and told them I was on my way, there was nothing they could do but ease his suffering. Mugsy was with us 8 years from the time his first Mommy passed away.

He never did really bond with me but only tolerated me to feed, groom him and bake him cookies but he loved DH. At first He would routinely bite me for trying to pet him but he was such a character that I grew to love him even with all his orneyness and we came to an understanding that I would't try to pet him and he wouldn't bite me. While we were waiting for the vet to get things ready he laid in my arms and let me snuggle all I wanted. I have had to help many dogs to the bridge through the years but I think this is the first time that I really lost in in the vets office. I think I finally knew that he really did love me but he never wanted me to think that I could take his first Mommy's place. Run free little Mugsy boy and I can only hope that you are now sitting on your other Mommy's lap where you were the happiest.

Guest SoulsMom

Awww, I'm so sorry. I have a boy like that. Archie and I have been together 12yrs but any affection is on his terms, so I know how you feel. I'm so glad he gave that final gift to you as you were giving your final gift to him :grouphug

I'm sorry.

Godspeed, Mugsy.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

I'm sorry.

Godspeed Mugsy.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

I am so sorry for your loss.

gallery_16605_3214_8259.jpg

Cindy with Miss Fancypants, Paris Bueller, Zeke, and Angus 
Dante (Dg's Boyd), Zoe (In a While), Brady (Devilish Effect), Goose (BG Shotgun), Maverick (BG ShoMe), Maggie (All Trades Jax), Sherman (LNB Herman Bad) and Indy (BYB whippet) forever in my heart
The flame that burns the brightest, burns the fastest and leaves the biggest shadow

Guest grey_dreams

I'm so sorry. How beautiful that at the end you understood each other so well and he asked for your physical affection and cuddling. I hope those memories will ease your sorrow.

I am so sorry for your loss of Mugsy.

My Rocky, was a Lhasa Apso who also had his own way of dealing with his affection toward me, yet I know he loved me very much.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project