What Constitutes "big" For A Grey?

Guest sorenkkg

Guest sorenkkg

I have a 95 lb male who is not much taller then your average male. But he is longer and broader. he does not look like 95 lbs.

http://i15.photobuck...pg?t=1261539423

oooh, he's sooooo handsome! :wub: I LOVE his coloring and you can see his big wide chest!

I remember before we got Haka we were allowed to go to the montreal greyhound picnic-- I think there were 80 hounds there? I remember a HUGE blonde boy, had to be about 100lbs and TALL, he was delicious! So gentle... and I remember his mom saying he loved having his teeth brushed, and she used an electric toothbrush! :lol funny the things that stick.

I'll always have that boy stuck in my head :)

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My boy is 32 at the shoulder and weight is 82 lbs, came off the track at 69 lbs, way to lean.at first vet check was told he whould be between 80 and 85 for his height and length

Since we are discussing big I may have a record breaker, Our Murphy's race weight was almost 90lbs, he is 33 at the shoulders, his neck is 20 inches around at the base and he weighs in at 103lbs. We do not not over feed him and he gets a 2 mile walk every day, plus we have a very large fenced in yard that he runs laps in everyday with his brothers, who weigh in at 81lbs and 88lbs. Murphy is HUGE and also has the biggest feet I have ever seen on a greyhound, I am always being asked if he is Great Dane, especially since he is red fawn. I have a weakness for the big boys and over the years all of our boys were over 80lbs, but I think our Murphy holds the record for our biggest boy yet. He also is as gentle as he is big, he's our big old teddy bear.

Since we are discussing big I may have a record breaker, Our Murphy's race weight was almost 90lbs, he is 33 at the shoulders, his neck is 20 inches around at the base and he weighs in at 103lbs. We do not not over feed him and he gets a 2 mile walk every day, plus we have a very large fenced in yard that he runs laps in everyday with his brothers, who weigh in at 81lbs and 88lbs. Murphy is HUGE and also has the biggest feet I have ever seen on a greyhound, I am always being asked if he is Great Dane, especially since he is red fawn. I have a weakness for the big boys and over the years all of our boys were over 80lbs, but I think our Murphy holds the record for our biggest boy yet. He also is as gentle as he is big, he's our big old teddy bear.

Pictures Please :D

gallery_12867_3348_20333.jpg
~Beth, with a crazy mixed crew of misfits.
~ Forever and Always missing and loving Steak, Carmen, Ivy, Isis, and Madi.
Don't cry because it's ended, Smile because it happened.
Before you judge me, try to keep an open mind, not everyone likes your taste.