New Supporter Gallery Directions

Jeff

Thank you for Supporting Greytalk!

The MAIN support topic for the Supporter Gallery is located HERE Please use that link for support questions so they remain once this thread gets removed ;)

This pictorial will show GT Supporters you how to use the Gallery, create an album, upload images, and link to them inside posts.

Currently you have 5 megabytes of storage. uploads are limited to 2 megabytes. If you resize your images before uploading, you should be able to store 100, 50k images.

We'll adjust and balance space as necessary to accommodate supporters and stay within our allotted host storage allowance.

**Signature images are linked just like in normal posts as detailed below.**

gallery_63_2887_25924.png

gallery_63_2887_51595.png

gallery_63_2887_27317.png

gallery_63_2887_42794.png

gallery_63_2887_5216.png

gallery_63_2887_59489.png

gallery_63_2887_1635.png

gallery_63_2887_41925.png

gallery_63_2887_23574.png

gallery_63_2887_64112.png

The above image shows an entire gallery. It is not very intuitive on how to show the whole gallery. Here is the secret.

gallery_63_2887_13763.png

large.greyhound_signature.gif

Seems to work well - thanks!

Mary Semper Fi, Dad - I miss you. Remembering Carla Benoist, a Greyhound/Pibble's bestest friend, Princess Zoe Brick-Butt, the little IG with the huge impact on hearts around the world - Miz Foxy - Greyhound Trish - Batman, the Roman-nosed Gentleman - Profile, the Handsome Man - Hunky the Hunkalicious - Jeany the Beautiful Lady- Zema, the most beautiful girl in the world - Jessie, the lovable nuisance - and my 3 Greys: my Angie-girl, my Casey-girl, and The Majestic Pippin, running forever in my heart. (I will always love you and miss you,my friends)

Will there be Featured Photos along the top again, or is it too soon to say?

...............Chase (FTH Smooth Talker), Morgan (Cata), Reggie (Gable Caney), Rufus
(Reward RJ). Fosters check in, but they don't check out.
Forever loved -- Cosmo (System Br Mynoel), March 11, 2002 - October 8, 2009.
Miss Cosmo was a lady. And a lady always knows when to leave.

Just wanted to stop and say that I like the new gallery :) I really like the way the different sizes look in the banner too.

gallery_12867_3348_20333.jpg
~Beth, with a crazy mixed crew of misfits.
~ Forever and Always missing and loving Steak, Carmen, Ivy, Isis, and Madi.
Don't cry because it's ended, Smile because it happened.
Before you judge me, try to keep an open mind, not everyone likes your taste.

Here's another question. I had a couple hundred images in my old gallery. I loaded 12 here and it said I'd used all my allotted space. As you tweak this, may the amount of space we are given increase or should we just plan on posting only our few most favorite photos?

...............Chase (FTH Smooth Talker), Morgan (Cata), Reggie (Gable Caney), Rufus

The old gallery had a 10mb limit, I will look into extending the current one to 10mb in the not to distant future. The old gallery also resized imaged for you, I have not found a way for this one to do that...yet. I have a support ticket in asking that very question. As Trudy said, online images don't need to be anywhere near that file size, you only need images that large locally to print, not for online viewing. Ideally I can resize uploaded images and relieve the user from that burden, the trade off for the user is upload time for large images that are down sampled.

I remember the last gallery did all the resizing. Guess I just took it for granted. Now if I can figure out how to delete these images I can replace them with smaller versions.

I'm a military guy, and all about uniformity. The banner images kind of bug me lol.gif

nod.gif:nod Looks weird. lol.gif

Wendy and The Whole Wherd. American by birth, Southern by choice.
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!"
****OxyFresh Vendor ID is 180672239.****

Okay, I see how to delete the entire album. Can't find how to delete just one photo. Help?

I'm a military guy, and all about uniformity. The banner images kind of bug me lol.gif

nod.gif:nod Looks weird. lol.gif

yep

Mary Semper Fi, Dad - I miss you. Remembering Carla Benoist, a Greyhound/Pibble's bestest friend, Princess Zoe Brick-Butt, the little IG with the huge impact on hearts around the world - Miz Foxy - Greyhound Trish - Batman, the Roman-nosed Gentleman - Profile, the Handsome Man - Hunky the Hunkalicious - Jeany the Beautiful Lady- Zema, the most beautiful girl in the world - Jessie, the lovable nuisance - and my 3 Greys: my Angie-girl, my Casey-girl, and The Majestic Pippin, running forever in my heart. (I will always love you and miss you,my friends)

post-12551-1216418977.gif It's up and even better than before!! :yay :yay :yay

I love the new format of the Gallery. So much faster, and more user-friendly. :nod:thumbs-up

Thank you.

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

Here's another question. I had a couple hundred images in my old gallery. I loaded 12 here and it said I'd used all my allotted space. As you tweak this, may the amount of space we are given increase or should we just plan on posting only our few most favorite photos?

OK, I played around with the resize settings until about 1am this morning, and they appear to be working well, resizing and resampling images >801x>601 down to about 50k, so that is perfect. (about 100 images of storage at 50k)

If your images are

The old gallery resized to smaller images, I think the max width was set to 500 so the forum would not stretch horizontally with larger images when linked. The forum now auto shrinks to preserve the layout at lower resolutions, so we can allow larger images for those with higher screen resolutions :)

So that means, if you upload an image 800x600 or smaller, you will need to reduce the size manually before uploading to preserve your storage space.

Guest vtgreys

So after you fixed my gallery last night, I uploaded my siggy picture and it showed up most of today, but just now I noticed it had a red x and then I noticed that my album/picture had disappeared completely from the gallery. I've now recreated the album and re-uploaded the picture. Any idea why it would have disappeared? I'm hoping I did it while you guys were doing the transition, and I did it too early, but just in case that's not the case, there may be a problem.

PS, tried to post this earlier, but got this message:

[#2001] Sorry, the server is too busy to handle your request, please try again in a moment

Couldn't go anywhere else on the forum without getting that message afterwards.

Guest mcsheltie

I haven't tried to use the new gallery yet, but it looks much easier to use.

I posted a few minutes ago and my siggie was there. Now it is gone, I mean it just disappeared within the last couple of minutes. Just curious, I haven't noticed a mass disappearance of siggies, so why did mine disappear? No biggie, I'll go put it back. I am just curious as to why it left a few minutes ago, when you made the change to the gallery a day or so ago.

All of my pictures are gone from old posts. No problem cause you said to expect the galleries would disappear and I'll just upload them again. But won't the addys be different now, so the pictures won't reappear on the old posts? Am I making any sense?