Miss You, Speck And Gino...

Guest MomoftheFuzzy

Guest MomoftheFuzzy

Today, December 13th, is the one year anniversary of losing Speck and it is also Gino's 12th birthday, though he now celebrates it at the Bridge. I wanted to post to honor and remember them. Otherwise, I'm pretty numb. It's been cold, rainy and extremely dark outside today. When I woke up early this morning, I walked to the store to get some things to make breakfast for my boyfriend and I and all I could think of was, "One year ago, at this time, my best friend, Speck, was still here, still with me, and he'd already woken me up smiling, like he did everyday of our lives together." I also couldn't help but wonder what it would have been like to have known Gino as an "old man" if he had lived to be 12 today. Now I'll just keep myself distracted by cleaning, going to the store, and cooking yet again. I really don't feel like doing much else.

Speck, you were the happiest, sweetest, most confident, loving and loyal individual I'll ever know. Gino, you introduced me to greyhounds and taught me that patience brings the best things in life like your love and devotion. I couldn't have asked for a bigger blessing than having you and your brother, Gino, in my life. Thank you for everything you brought to my life -- you made me so happy and I smile, thinking about how I got to experience that sort of love. What I wouldn't give to have you both here...

Here are some pics that make me smile. (I had made these first two pictures years ago and it's interesting to me how telling and true they ultimately remained.)

ginoposter.jpg

speckposter3.jpg

mardigras006.jpg

resizeddogdaze007.jpg

weekend024.jpg

Edited by MomoftheFuzzy

Wow Chrissy those first two pictures say it all. They really know more than we do.

Sending many hugs your way, I know how tough these anniversaries are. It was Miz Foxy's 15th birthday last Sunday.

Casual Bling & Hope for Hounds
Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.

Such beautiful boys. Even though I didn't meet them, I miss them too.

:grouphug

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Chrissy, I think about you and your two special boys all the time. They were such good brothers. :grouphug

...............Chase (FTH Smooth Talker), Morgan (Cata), Reggie (Gable Caney), Rufus
(Reward RJ). Fosters check in, but they don't check out.
Forever loved -- Cosmo (System Br Mynoel), March 11, 2002 - October 8, 2009.
Miss Cosmo was a lady. And a lady always knows when to leave.

so sorry for your loss of those two beautiful boys. i can't imagine how difficult this day must be for you. hugs to you.

4894718087_9910a46faa_d.jpg

Tricia with Kyle, our senior mutt dog 
Always missing Murray MaldivesBee Wiseman, River, Hopper, Kaia, and 
Holly Oaks Holly
“You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows.“          -Bob Dylan

Two very handsome boys that are missed terribly. Our thoughts are with you as you remember them both.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

Chrissy, I also miss Gino and Speck a lot. GT hasn't quite seemed the same since they left us :grouphug

Edited by robinw

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

The reason I love cowdoggies so much. So many plans...

I still think of you all very often. There will always be a special place in my heart for you and your boys.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Guest MomoftheFuzzy

Thank you all. I remember too well how it was a year ago... how I spent the entire weekend doing hardly anything else but crying and thinking. The only semblance of comfort I had was knowing that there were a whole lot of people out there who cared and understood or felt the significance those boys had in my life, along with me. I was in a daze, yes, but I recall feeling incredibly grateful that I could find comfort here with my greyhound friends, amidst the pain.

Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Many hugs for you, Chrissy!

I really miss your Speck stories. You have lots of good memories with Speck and Gino.

That photo of Speck on the red couch is my most favorite ever! Ironically, I was just in the basement working on a project and Petey came down to see me, which in and of itself is amazing because he HATES the stairs. They really freak him out. So, I was surprised to see him. He climbed up on the couch down there and was lying on it almost in that exact same pose as Speck! To make it even more wild, our couch has a cover on it and it's pretty much the same red as your couch! Wish I would have taken a photo!

Miss Nellie's 12th Birthday would have been on December 10th. I really miss her and I often wonder what she would have been like as on "Old Lady" just as Gino would have been your "Old Man"

Keeping you in my thoughts, always :wub:

Suzie Collins

Owner/Artist Skinny Hound Designs

Greyhound decals, magnets and signs.

Fur kids: Isabelle and Petey

:grouphug:candle :candle I do understand. :grouphug

Greyhound angels at the bridge- Casey, Charlie, Maggie, Molly, Renie, Lucy & Teddy. Beagle angels Peanut and Charlie. And to all the 4 legged Bridge souls who have touched my heart, thank you. When a greyhound looks into you eyes it seems they touch your very soul.

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more then he loves himself". Josh Billings

siggie-7.jpg

Beautiful photos Chrissy :) Hugs to you today :grouphug

gallery_12867_3348_20333.jpg
~Beth, with a crazy mixed crew of misfits.
~ Forever and Always missing and loving Steak, Carmen, Ivy, Isis, and Madi.
Don't cry because it's ended, Smile because it happened.
Before you judge me, try to keep an open mind, not everyone likes your taste.

Guest EmbersDad

:candle :candle

:bighug

I stood by your bed last night, I came to have a peep.

I could see that you were crying, You found it hard to sleep.

I whined to you softly as you brushed away a tear,

"It's me, I haven't left you, I'm well, I'm fine, I'm here."

I was close to you at breakfast, I watched you pour the tea,

You were thinking of the many times, your hands reached down to me.

I was with you at the shops today, Your arms were getting sore.

I longed to take your parcels, I wish I could do more.

I was with you at my grave today, You tend it with such care.

I want to reassure you, that I'm not lying there.

I walked with you towards the house, as you fumbled for your key.

I gently put my paw on you, I smiled and said "it's me."

You looked so very tired, and sank into a chair.

I tried so hard to let you know, that I was standing there.

It's possible for me, to be so near you everyday.

To say to you with certainty, "I never went away."

You sat there very quietly, then smiled, I think you knew ...

in the stillness of that evening, I was very close to you.

The day is over... I smile and watch you yawning and say

"goodnight, God bless, I'll see you in the morning."

And when the time is right for you to cross the brief divide,

I'll rush across to greet you and we'll stand, side by side.

I have so many things to show you, there is so much for you to see.

Be patient, live your journey out ... then come home to be with me.

Guest GriffinsMom

I miss your Speck and Gino stories and pictures. There were the coolest hounds on GT. Both Gina and Speck left much too soon but while they were here they made many people very happy.grouphug.gif