Change In Pm/conversations

Trudy

From the support board...

PMs are no longer one to one messages, they are now conversations, akin to a topic in the forum. If the other member has deleted the conversation from their inbox, it will still display in your inbox (as it does now), however there is no point in allowing you to reply, since the other member has already left the conversation.

If multiple people are part of the conversation, then it will block you from replying once ALL other participants have left/deleted the message.

So basically, don't keep your inbox tidy and delete something before it's run it's course.

Anybody that sent me PMs yesterday, I deleted it once I responded... oops :lol

sounds like you still want to delete PMs, and I'd imagine once both parties (or more if you invited others) delete the PM, it should disappear.

No No, if you delete a PM it is gone from YOUR inbox...period.

If you had a PPM conversation with a reply sent to you, then when the other person deletes the PM from THEIR inbox, you just won't be able to REPLY to the one in yours.

Feel free to delete and send a new PM

large.greyhound_signature.gif

Is all of this new stuff going to be the norm or is it just part of the changeover and getting the bugs out. BTW - Thanks for doing all this. Theres a special place for you in Miami - with sunshine.

large.rycezmom_Sig.jpg.c7b7915d082b1bb35
The more I see of man, the more I like dogs. ~Mme. de Staël
Missing my Bridge Angels Ryce, Bo, Jim, Miss Millie, Miss Rose, Gustopher P Jones (Pimpmaster G), Miss Isabella and Miss Star

Guest Mom2Shiloh

I am so completely lost.

If I get a private message, I'm notified by email and can click on the link. But hard as I try I cannot find my way back to my messenger -- my inbox, in order to reread or to send a p.m., from within the forums.

I tried backtracking from the linked private message -- nope. Not working. The only way I can get back into messages is to go back to my email and click the link. What am I missing? tearing hair

Guest Mom2Shiloh

I am so completely lost.

If I get a private message, I'm notified by email and can click on the link. But hard as I try I cannot find my way back to my messenger -- my inbox. In order to re-read or to send a p.m., from within the forums, I need to be able to find it :(

I tried backtracking from the linked private message -- nope. I go back to "Forum" then click on "Members" -- no drop downs, no where to go. Not working. The only way I can get back into messages is to go back to my email and click the link. What am I missing? tearing hair .. I know I'm missing something simple (and feeling dumb~)

Guest Mom2Shiloh

I am so completely lost.

If I get a private message, I'm notified by email and can click on the link. But hard as I try I cannot find my way back to my messenger -- my inbox. In order to re-read or to send a p.m., from within the forums, I need to be able to find it :(

I tried backtracking from the linked private message -- nope. I go back to "Forum" then click on "Members" -- no drop downs, no where to go. Not working. The only way I can get back into messages is to go back to my email and click the link. What am I missing? tearing hair .. I know I'm missing something simple (and feeling dumb~)

Help please.

Edited by Mom2Shiloh

Click on the down arrow to the right of your own name (upper right corner on my screen). Should have a dropdown that includes "messenger" -- aha! That's it! Once you're in Messenger, there'll be a menu on the left for New (unread "conversations"), conversations, etc.

I find the new PM style pretty hateful, but my main email provider just changed to something similar so I guess this is the way of the world now.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Greytluv

I noticed people have add a friend and pm envelopes under their avatar picture when I'm reading the threads. How do you get them?

You have them. Maybe you just can't see them :dunno I see them, tho.

Guest Mom2Shiloh

From the support board...

PMs are no longer one to one messages, they are now conversations, akin to a topic in the forum. If the other member has deleted the conversation from their inbox, it will still display in your inbox (as it does now), however there is no point in allowing you to reply, since the other member has already left the conversation.

If multiple people are part of the conversation, then it will block you from replying once ALL other participants have left/deleted the message.

So basically, don't keep your inbox tidy and delete something before it's run it's course.

Anybody that sent me PMs yesterday, I deleted it once I responded... oops :lol

Trudy, I still have a HUGE problem in that I cannot figure out how to get to my inbox. Sure I can go there when I get a private message and click on the link. But if I just sign in to GT and want to go to my personal messages I can't find anywhere to click that will take me there. Please help. I need to find some information that is locked up in there. Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
Guest VelvetEars

and I LOVE the fact that i can edit a msg i just sent, b/c i forgot a key piece of info and was delighted to find i didn't have to send another new msg and run the risk that she might not see it before responding to the first msg.

I'm sorry but I hate the new threaded PMs. When you have a 'conversation' that goes on for days, it gets extremely tedious to have all those useless messages tagging along no matter how many times you cut bits out in your reply. The old way, the new message only contained what you wanted it to contain.

I don't suppose there's a way of using the PM system and not having everything threaded? :unsure

GTAvatar-2015_zpsb0oqcimj.jpg

The plural of anecdote is not data

Brambleberry Greyhounds My Etsy Shop

• 1 month later...

Trudy, I still have a HUGE problem in that I cannot figure out how to get to my inbox. Sure I can go there when I get a private message and click on the link. But if I just sign in to GT and want to go to my personal messages I can't find anywhere to click that will take me there. Please help. I need to find some information that is locked up in there. Thanks

click your name in the top right corner where you log in and select Messenger

Sorry to be obtuse, but I don't have any idea how to access PM either. And I don't have the "Messenger" option under my username - just Profile, Settings, Manage Friends, etc. Is PM a feature that doesn't get activated immediately for new members (like me)? Or am I missing something else obvious?

I've been wondering how to contact another member without posting to all....

gallery_21712_3317_21715.jpg
Merlin (Heathers Wizard), Mina (Where's Rebecca), and Mae the Galga - three crazy dogs in the house of M

You won't have a messenger option until you are an active member - goes by post count.

Fair 'nuff, and thanks for clarifying - I've been scanning the help section and forums to try to figure out how this member status thing works...

gallery_21712_3317_21715.jpg
Merlin (Heathers Wizard), Mina (Where's Rebecca), and Mae the Galga - three crazy dogs in the house of M

Guest Mom2Shiloh

I actually like it -- once I found it (doh on me!) -- I was constantly "losing" messages or forgetting what I said. Not that I p.m. that much, but it's usually something pretty important to me and like it being handled as a conversation. I just delete the whole thing when the subject is really over and done.