Jeff

If your avatar is missing somehow, here is how you can put it back.

Note the below directions:

Click HERE

Choose BASE GALLERY from the bottom drop menu

Check the box next to the avatar that matches your username. (DO NOT USE SOMEONE ELSE'S AVATAR)

Scroll to the bottom and choose SAVE CHANGES

large.greyhound_signature.gif

Guest savvyprchick

Click HERE

Check the box next to the avatar that matches your username. (DO NOT USE SOMEONE ELSE'S AVATAR)

That was easy, Jeff, thanks!

I added a new photo...but doesn't show up as an avatar either...it probably is one that will have to be done manually as it is new...let us know when you're ready

I'll be Patient!!!! :P

Guest RocketDog

I followed the instructions and get the following message :

We could not determine the avatar you were trying to update with

My avatar does show up now, so not sure what's up with the message. Just wanted to pass it on :unsure

Edited by RocketDog

Guest Mom2Shiloh

I would still like to know how to navigate into the options section... well, I'll be patient. Maybe it will be obvious once everything is "tweaked".... thanks for the guidelines on Avatar replacement.. got my Shiloh back :)

Guest HappyHarleysMom

Jeff,

I searched for this question and in your post about the bugs, so it must be something I'm doing wrong (no hurry--I'm patient):

I tried to upload the same profile photo of Harley, relying on the Image Scale On to reduce the size but it didn't work. The photo is 587x640. The error message is that my file is too large.

I don't have an editor on my pc to reduce it further, so I am wondering if there is a way to use Photobucket pics that I've been able to reduce. I tried one but it didn't work for me.

Maybe someone else out there in GT land can help me if they know what I'm doing wrong.

Thanks for any help - I'm not good at setting up these forum profiles.

Guest HappyHarleysMom

Thanks for your help, Jeff! I'm going to try the site you suggested! I need a class on how to do some of these things LOL. Forgive my techy challenged ways! :lol

Guest HappyHarleysMom

:blink: LOL, I guess the rest of the story is that I didn't know that my profile pic doesn't show up like an avatar. It had been so long since I set it up in the old GT that I forgot how I did it. I'll wait for the ticket system and request one.

Sometimes I feel very stupid--this is one of those times. Sorry to have bothered you afterall. But, I'm glad you pointed me in the direction to edit my photos, so thank you!

Click HERE

Dang it, I wanted to use someone else's avatar! :lol

gallery_19161_3282_5037.jpg