Dairyland Is Closing

Trudy

When you have "HOT" news that a group is closing and X number of dogs are going to die unless you help right now, right this minute, as I type, etc...

Please look before you post. I am willing to bet somebody else already posted about that hot news. We don't need umpteen threads about a track that is closing. One is plenty and does the job of helping to find groups that have room for some extra dogs. We've removed lots of them in the last few days and yet this news has been around for a bit and we already have a 10 page post about it... on page 1 each time we've removed/deleted another thread about it.

So please, LOOK before you post your "HOT" news about the impending doom of X number of dogs.

Thank you. Yes. And I swear if I get one more email from the Buffalo Rescue or the Two Headed Toad rescue or the Bohemian Frog-Lipped Poodle rescue or any NON greyhound group that assumes that nobody in greyhound adoption knows about this, I will quietly, quietly scream - since I know they mean well.

ATASCOSITA DIAZ - MY WONDER DOG!
Missing our Raisin: 9/9/94 - 7/20/08, our Super Bea: 2003 - 12/16/09, our Howie: 9/17/97 - 4/9/11, our Bull: 8/7/00 - 1/17/13, our Wyatt Earp: 11/22/06 - 12/16/15, and our Cyclone 8/26/05 - 9/12/16

...especially when Wisconsin State law provides that the greyhounds are to be adopted to new homes, sent to another racetrack for racing purposes or returned to their owners. The kennel compound will remain open until all greyhounds are properly placed.

But there's not much drama in that, is there?

gallery_8149_3261_283.jpg

I'm about to hit the next person who says something to me about all those greyhounds being put to sleep!

Edited by Wonder

gallery_2213_3086_11460.jpg

Kari and the pups.
Run free sweet Hana 9/21/08-9/12/10. Missing Sparks with every breath.
Passion 10/16/02-5/25/17

Guest ThunderPaws
Thank you. Yes. And I swear if I get one more email from the Buffalo Rescue or the Two Headed Toad rescue or the Bohemian Frog-Lipped Poodle rescue or any NON greyhound group that assumes that nobody in greyhound adoption knows about this, I will quietly, quietly scream - since I know they mean well.

:nod I've gotten several "Just incase you haven't heard" emails, with the "900 greyhounds will die" email attached. :headwall

Guest goofydog

A few of the DL kennels shipped almost 80 hounds to JCKC earlier this week. Well & truly sucks for the displaced JCKC pups. Oh well, we do what we can when we can and hope for the best outcome.