Sunny Has Another Skin Lesion

My poor Sunny is very prone to skin lesions: he is only 4 but has already had 6 skin lesions, 5 of which have been histiocytomas and 1 was a cutaneous hemangioma. Most of these were in the first year I owned him; since then I have kept him out of the sun as much as possible and use sun cream on him, but today I noticed this lesion on his ear which it doesn't look like any of the others he's had.

0910300033.jpg

It's quite white (whiter than it looks in the photo) and round in the centre, and quite firm to the touch (not squeezable), and the surrounding skin is red and inflamed; it's quite shiny and it almost looks like the white bit is in a capsule, if that makes any sense. I will of course be showing it to the vet at some point, and in the meantime am putting some antibacterial/steroid cream on it, but I just wondered if anyone has any idea what it might be? A google search hasn't provided any useful information and I'm the sort of person who likes to do some research before I go to the vet, so all ideas are welcome.

SunnySophiePegsdon.jpg

When a relationship of love is disrupted, the relationship does not cease. The love continues; therefore, the relationship continues. The work of grief is to reconcile and redeem life to a different love relationship. ~ W Scott Lineberry

Always Greyhounds Home Boarding and Greyhounds With Love House Sitting

Ben has or rather had something similar. It was a histiocytoma (sp?) they are harmless. I'd have a vaet take a peek just to be safe.

I did wonder if it might be another histiocytoma, but the other ones that Sunny had were either very red and angry or flesh-coloured and not angry. This one is whitish :dunno .

SunnySophiePegsdon.jpg

When a relationship of love is disrupted, the relationship does not cease. The love continues; therefore, the relationship continues. The work of grief is to reconcile and redeem life to a different love relationship. ~ W Scott Lineberry

Always Greyhounds Home Boarding and Greyhounds With Love House Sitting