Laryngeal Paralysis

Guest BoandLazMom

I'm glad to hear that it is over and your baby is doing fine.

From Wisconsin -- It's Nancy, Bob, Carla, June Bug and our newby Skorch.... along with Buffy. She's the little hound that meows.

With loving memorials to K.C., Barko and Major Turn -- all playing at the bridge.

Guest BoandLazMom

Happy is still at the vet. We checked several times today and she is up and doing well. I have to call after 4 PM to see if she is ready to be picked up. They believe she will be ready.

Thank you for all your concern.

Guest BoandLazMom

Happy is doing well. She's tired and resting more than usual. She seems a little frustrated about not being able to talk. She's a big talker. The surgeon said it will be about three weeks before we know if she lost her voice permanently.

• 5 years later...

this topic scares me because i have been thinking Charlie might have this. He hacked a lot and had pericardial effusion back in Feb twice and an operation laparscopically in March which was a success! I think maybe his is related to the percardial effusion and he rarely does the hacking but at times when he is overly excited he will. i rub his throat for what its worth. I suppose next cardial check up i will have this checked. He is only 5yrs old and my heart dog, can't stand the thought of him having something else. I'm not hiding from this just waiting a little.

Many dogs will hack esp after drinking. My Stan hacks all the time but, I know its allergy related (and his grass eating). Things to look for when suspecting LP is change in bark and increased stridor. Listen to Charlie carefully as he breathes. I'm sure there isn't a correlation between his PE and LP.

So good to hear Happy is doing well!

Thanks Tracy he sounds fine when breathing and no change in bark and no increased stridor (I had to look that up) He does grab at grass like your Stan and then hack. I give Charlie a little local raw honey hoping it will help with possible allergies and soothe the throat. I will keep a close eye on him.