Puked Up Her Dinner......

Guest sweetpea

Guest sweetpea

So Sweetpea puked up her dinner tonight, about an hour (maybe 2) after she ate.

1--She's never puked up food before, when she's had upset stomach episodes before, it's always been on an empty tummy.

(So she basically gorks up foamy yellow bile, and I give her a pepcid in some PB plus a cracker, and then an hour or two later,

she eats her meal.)

2--It seemed like a lot of food, (but it could have just expanded with moisture) and not much of it was chewed up, at all.

3--Regular poop this morning, smallish poop in the afternoon, regular poop this evening (right after puking episode.)

(Her "normal" is big poop in the morning, big poop at night.)

My plan is to keep an eye on her tonight, give her a half-portion of food at breakfast, see how it goes; give another

half portion of food at lunch-time, and see how it goes.

She's not a Pika kind of girl (she doesn't eat inedible things), she's not distressed, she's her regular perky self.

I just don't like puking for no good reason!

I think I would be a hypochondriac if I wasn't so low maintenance, I think I am a candidate for Munchausen syndrome

by proxy, if my proxy could be my dog!

'Tell me if there's something else that I should be doing, or looking for.....

Buzzy

knot crazy, but close

Guest twogreytkids

I wouldn't worry about one episode. You say that she is still her perky self. Go ahead with your feeding plans. If you have more episodes, then check with your vet.

Even though I could never figure out why my greys vomitted, they were always ready for their next meal and didn't have any further episodes.

Marcy

Dante yakked up his entire dinner last night shortly after eating. It was a "favorite" and we thought he just ate too fast. He was fine and is still fine this morning. Let's us know how she is feeling!

gallery_16605_3214_8259.jpg

Cindy with Miss Fancypants, Paris Bueller, Zeke, and Angus 
Dante (Dg's Boyd), Zoe (In a While), Brady (Devilish Effect), Goose (BG Shotgun), Maverick (BG ShoMe), Maggie (All Trades Jax), Sherman (LNB Herman Bad) and Indy (BYB whippet) forever in my heart
The flame that burns the brightest, burns the fastest and leaves the biggest shadow

Hopefully just a one-time thing and she is 100% fine now.

Mine never chew their meals so I wouldn't worry about that part.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

I just don't like puking for no good reason!

Oh there's a reason, you may just not know what it is. It happens here every now and then but I don't think I would worry too much if she seems to be herself.

Is she drinking ok?

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

Here's some highly educated medical information granted me by my Great Dane breeder....Please Stand By for this important information

Sometimes, they just DO that.

Not comforting I know and don't interpret it as belittling your concern, my IG has every medical problem known to IGDom so I freak at Every.Little.Thing. but seriously, just because she vomited once doesn't mean anything. More than once, a bit worrysome. Vomiting and diarrhea...probably got a bug unless she's an eater of inappropriate things. Be mindful of how she acts and stuff, but don't panic. She's likely fine and if she's not, obviously you're an observant pet parent and you'll go to the vet.

Angie, Pewter, and Storm-puppy

Forever missing Misty-Mousie (9/9/99 - 10/5/15)
Fort Wayne, Indiana

I wouldn't worry about one puke because as someone has mentioned, puke happens. As long as the dog is otherwise behaving normally I would just wait and see.

On another note (and this is kind of gross) when there has been a puke incident around here I have just left it for awhile because usually the dog comes back and re-eats it. Which works for me mainly because I have *issues* with puke and am a huge *sympathy puker* . Just yesterday someone drank too fast and puked up plain water and I still puked while cleaning it up.

Hope Sweetpea will be alright, Buzzy! :goodluck

I agree, I wouldn't worry too much about one episode. But I'll keep my fingers crossed anyway!

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

Aston's had two "random" urps since he's been here (almost 3 months); one may have been due to feeding too much pumpkin in one sitting since he loves it soooOoOoOoo much :blush

I haven't worried since they were far apart, accompanied by no other "off" symptoms and Aston is still adjusting to being in a new home... but even without the third factor, I think it would take repeated barfs or other signs of illness for me to contemplate a vet consult.

I should also add that Aston is (apparently) not prone to eating inappropriate stuff, at least not since the time he ate ~75 tablets of someone else's Deramaxx and then immediately chased those with A COMPLETE PAIR OF SUNGLASSES... that was when he was younger, as we spotted on his past medical records :eek:huh2:wacko:

Edited to add: I hope Sweetpea is okay, but it sounds like she's fine :):wub:

Edited by o_rooly