Is This A Corn?

Stoney

Looked at Stoney's paws this evening and saw this:

CIMG5169.jpg

Is that a corn? Is it possible to have corns but not limp/be lame? He doesn't seem to have any pain... Plus, I was able to pull of the bigger of the round things without him complaining at all (didn't even flinch - barely woke up).

Thanks a lot!

Guest GreysAndMoreGreys

Sure is :)

and yes it's possible for them to have corns and not limp.

Just a month ago I was looking at my crew's pads and sure enough I saw a few corns. I used the dremel on them and same thing, no one flinched a bit

Guest Daffytoons

Cute feet. My vet used a dental elevator to remove a painful corn on my grey's foot. Haven't had any problems since.

I need to re-establish my siggy. My account was deleted due to inactivity (and I was almost at Greyaholic status!!).

Jen

Lilly and Shadow - the Greys

Daffy - the Best

It is a corn and Peanut has numerous ones on her feet with varying degrees of pain. One we had to have surgically removed after trying different treatments and others don't seem to bother her so we've left them alone. You'll know if it becomes a problem-you'll see limping and your grey will likely hold that paw up when he stands for a length of time. If it does start to become a problem, Therapaw boots work wonders!!! We used on for years until we opted to have the problem corn removed.

I am wondering if well enough is best left alone. I would be afraid to bother it if it isn't painful.I don't know. What do others think :dunno

Probably - but I'm prone to picking at things ( :rolleyes: my poor poor husband!) and well, it came off without a whimper or even a flinch from my drama king boy. I'm certainly not going after the ones on his other toes. And, unless they start visibly hurting him, I'll not treat them either. My vet is very 'hands off' and doesn't believe in a lot of treatments that aren't going to benefit the dog.