Kbr-potassium Bromide

Guest Bean_Scotch

Guest Bean_Scotch

Hey-Allies For Greyhounds as a seizure girl that is looking for a forever home. She's on KBR right now and it seems to be working better than PB....anyway, I've been looking around the internet myself for a cheaper source to get the KBR...I just thought I'd ask for recommendations from GTers? so anyone got any?

We get ours from a compounding pharmacy here in Memphis. It's $46.00 for two months which I find is a really good price.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

I found that because it is prescription and not approved for human use (due to serious side effects) it is not easy to find online or in person. I got mine through the local Evet (luckily only 30min away) and it was $20 for a 250ml bottle i think.

Good Luck!

Check and see if there is a compounding pharmacy in your area. They could quote you a price and you'd save on shipping.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

Here is a list of compounding pharmacies that you may want to check. I have had good luck using RP Healthcare at 2456 W Third St Santa Rosa California 95401. The phone/fax numbers are (800) 448-4355. 707-571-5955, fax 707-571-5951(fax). My vet can fax the prescription. I usually get 2 bottles (close to a one year supply) at a very reasonable price.

http://www.canine-epilepsy.com/Pharmacies.html

--Lucy

gallery_2398_3082_9958.jpg
Lucy with Greyhound Nate and OSH Tinker. With loving memories of MoMo (FTH Chyna Moon), Spirit, Miles the slinky kitty (OSH), Piper "The Perfect" (Oneco Chaplin), Winston, Yoda, Hector, and Claire.