Missing My Boy

Guest Ohiogreymom

Guest Ohiogreymom

It's been a little over 2 months now since I let Reggie go. I miss him so much! I hold his pictures and touch them, and I can still feel his soft little head. My sweetie had osteo, and I chose not to put him thru an amputation, but I was so afraid his leg would break, and I couldn't stand the thoughts of that. This poem helped me, so maybe it can help someone else who has the decision of when to let them go. :grouphug Darlene

May I Go?

May I go now? Do you think the time is right?

May I say good-bye to pain filled days and endless lonely nights?

I've lived my life and done my best. An example tried to be.

So can I take that step beyond and set my spirit free?

I didn't want to go at first. I fought with all my might.

But something seems to draw me now

To a warm and loving light.

I want to go. I really do. It's difficult to stay.

But I will try as best I can to live just one more day.

To give you time to care for me

And share your love and fears

I know you're sad and afraid, because I see your tears

I'll not be far, I promise that, and hope you'll always know

That my spirit will be close to you, wherever you may go.

Thank you so, for loving me. You know I love you too,

That's why it's hard to say good-bye

And end this life with you.

So hold me now, just one more time, and let me hear you say,

Because you care so much for me,

You'll let me go today.

Susan A. Jackson

What a lovely and comforting poem. It is so very hard to say goodbye to our cherished friends but many times it is the kindest thing we must do for them. Hugs to you on missing your boy - I truly know how it feels. :grouphug

gallery_6279_2888_88479.jpg

Hobbes - April 2, 1994 to April 9, 2008-----Tasha - May 23, 2000 to March 31, 2013

Fiona - Aug 29, 2001 to May 5, 2014-----Bailey - March 22, 2001 to Jan 20, 2015

Zeke - June 1, 2004 - Jan 26, 2016----Callie - July 14, 2006 to July 27, 2019

Forever in my heart: Chooch, Molly, Dylan & Lucy

Guest PhillyPups

Beautiful but so hard to read through the tears. I know the pain you are speaking of. I don't think it ever goes away. The only fault I have found with my hounds is that their life span is too short.

:bighug to you.

Guest Downtownhoundz
Beautiful but so hard to read through the tears. I know the pain you are speaking of. I don't think it ever goes away. The only fault I have found with my hounds is that their life span is too short.

I second that.... :(

:cry1 I've never seen this one before. Lovely.

:grouphug to you. I know how you feel.

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

Guest Gingergrey

Thank you so much for sharing this poem. I think of my Ginger as I read this. I cried because its so touching! It is comforting to know that we do make the right decisions for our angels. :bighug

I second that.... :(

Ditto. :f_red:grouphug

Guest greycrew

That's beautiful. Made me cry. It will be 2 months tomorrow that I let Juneau go to Osteo. It's heartwrenching. I still second guess myself. I lay in bed and make sure I remember exactly how he looked and felt and everything he did. I don't want to forget. I miss him so much. I kiss his picture everytime I walk by it. I know how you feel.

Sharon

That made me cry, also. it's been almost five months since I lost Loca and I second guess myself every day. It still hurts as much as it did the day I lost her.

:grouphug to you

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.