My Tripod Lima Bean (diamond)

Tomorrow is 2 weeks post op.

She ended her pain meds this morning, so no more unless she indicates she's in pain.

Last night she had most of her staples out. Most because unfortunately, she has an area that didn't heal. The remaining staples are on the healed part but we don't want the newly healed good skin to separate because of the dead tissue just above it.

The dead part is about 1/2 inch to an inch long. We have to have it heal on it's own now, no stitches. She'll remain on antibiotics until it does.

The dead stuff is supposed to sluff off and eventually the good stuff will close over.

My local vets are in contact with OSU to see if we should move forward with chemo on saturday. This protocal inhibits the bone marrow. So we may not want to do that while we have an open sore.

But maybe that will be okay, then we can celebrate her BD on Saturday instead of being sick from chemo.

She's doing well being a tripaw. She does her dogdoor and her ramp. She sometimes comes up stairs instead of using her ramp. Just as long as she doesn't go DOWN the stairs. So far she's headed straight for her ramp when she goes outside.

She still gets tired, but less and less as time goes on. I'm hoping that in the not too distant future she'll be able to handle our walks around the field.

But she seems bright eyed and her ears are at full sail when I talk to her.

I think (hope) I did right by her.

She looked really good when I saw her on Monday. She even surprised her Mom by coming to the front door to meet me.

Then she shocked her Mom by coming out to the back yard down her ramp. She is full of spunk so I'm sure she will continue to do well.

And for any of the naysayers out there that think I done wrong by doing this to a 12 yr old.....how old did she look to you?

She looked really good when I saw her on Monday. She even surprised her Mom by coming to the front door to meet me.

Then she shocked her Mom by coming out to the back yard down her ramp. She is full of spunk so I'm sure she will continue to do well.

And for any of the naysayers out there that think I done wrong by doing this to a 12 yr old.....how old did she look to you?

She doesn't look much older than my Fiona did at 9 yrs.

Guest PhillyPups

:yay MaryPat all good news and for the naysayers out there :bs:shakefinger

She is your girl and you will always make the best decision you can for your girls!! :bighug

Guest vahoundlover

:yay Glad to hear she's doing so well! Sounds like a BIG birthday celebration is in order.

You did what you thought was best for your dog, who can fault that?!

Guest MorganKonaAlex

Sounds like she's making great progress. It took a while for our tripods to build up stamina after amputation. Hopping takes a lot more energy than walking.

Really hope she continues to do well. Can't wait to see some pics of pretty girl! :)

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

I hope she continues to do well for a long time. Hugs to you all.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

So glad she is doing well, despite the lack of healing on that section of the incision (boy can I relate!). Holding off on the Chemo sounds like a good move until she is healed up, but hopefully that will be quick :-)

Lots of positive thoughts flowing your way from my family,

FL

Kiss the pretty girl for me. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.