Crazy Sahra

Guest greytbookert

Guest greytbookert

Where do I begin... I guess from your beginning, as I know it...

After your career as a grade A racer, you began your career as a brood mom. I imagine that you were an affectionate and loving mom to your pups. When you came up from Florida to MA, you became quite sick and spent many days in the hospital but recovered. Then you were to be spayed, again becoming quite sick but recovered with your true zest for life. I like to think that you knew you had much more to do on this earth. We became your foster family and we were really trying to be a true foster family but you quickly won us over and knew you were home at our home.

At 8 years young, you were snippy with other girl dogs, flirty with boy dogs and fit perfectly into our home with Booker, T, and Eric. The first time we saw you run at the ball field, we were floored. Sure, we've seen other greyhounds run but there was something majestic about the way you ran. You ran circles around the younger boys and quickly schooled them on the art of the greyhound stride. The boys still can't quite match your beautiful stride but they sure try.

Over the years, you mellowed and even allowed two other girl dogs to share your home. You seemed to welcome them with open arms, as if you knew that they needed us as much as you did. Some of your favorite things include van rides, walks, pizza bones, my frozen yogurt treats, and finding that perfect sunbeam.

Sahra was very photogenic, with her multifaceted personality showing in her photos. She had appeared in numerous publications such as Celebrating Greyhounds Magazine (twice) and desk calendar, Greyhounds Big and Small by Amanda Jones, Greyhound Gang's brochure and post card collection, our local newspaper, and doned many websites. I'm happy and proud that I was able to share your beauty with the world.

Over the past six years, you brought an incredible amount of joy to our home and I wouldn't trade that time for anything.

Run free Sahra Ann, know that many humans, hounds, and kitties will miss you.

Please enjoy the photos of our pretty as a princess, Sahra.

Sahraprinces.jpg

007_5A.jpg

your first snow

Sahrasfirstsnow2.jpg

Sarathekillerbee.jpg

Sahraandbean1.jpg

DSCF0009.jpg

019_17_0001.jpg

SahraSillo1.jpg

welcomehome.jpg

013_10A.jpg

FH000001.jpg

DSCF0013.jpg

025_22A_0001.jpg

030_27A.jpg

Edited by greytbookert

Beautiful tribute to a very beautiful girl.

I am so sorry for your loss. It is so difficult.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Oh those are such beautiful, lovely pictures - Sahra was gorgeous. I'm so sorry for your loss. Sahra had a very full life & was lucky to have shared her retirement with you. Godspeed Sahra! f_yellow

gallery_7491_3326_2049.jpg

Deirdre with Conor (Daring Pocobueno), Keeva (Kiowa Mimi Mona), & kittehs Gemma & robthomas.

Our beloved angels Faolin & Liath, & kittehs Mona & Caesar. Remembering Bobby, Doc McCoy, & Chip McGrath.

"He feeds you, pets you, adores you, collects your poop in a bag. There's only one explanation: you are a hairy little god." Nick Galifinakis

:f_red I am so sorry it was her time to leave. Must be a very important job waiting that only she can do.

God speed beautiful, knowing how much you are loved and will be missed. Run with all our Angels and please continue to warch over those who love you and are left behind with a broken heart

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

I'm so very sorry. :cry1 She was a gorgeous and special girl.

Godspeed Sahra.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

What a life well lived and well loved. Beautiful pictures. My sympathies for your loss.

gallery_16605_3214_8259.jpg

Cindy with Miss Fancypants, Paris Bueller, Zeke, and Angus 
Dante (Dg's Boyd), Zoe (In a While), Brady (Devilish Effect), Goose (BG Shotgun), Maverick (BG ShoMe), Maggie (All Trades Jax), Sherman (LNB Herman Bad) and Indy (BYB whippet) forever in my heart
The flame that burns the brightest, burns the fastest and leaves the biggest shadow

Guest JMinAugustaGA
:brokenheart Anicare and I sent you a card in the mail this week. If you haven't gotten it already, it should be there today or tomorrow. Anicare is the spitting image of her mother - definitely in looks, but I'm sure in personality too. What a beauty Anicare had for her mother! Had Sahra not had pups, I would not have my stinkeroo/instigator Anicare. :gh_run2:bighug:f_white

I am so sorry for your loss. Sahra - such a beautiful name for a truly special and lovely girl. Her beautiful photos will always show her shining personality and sweet soul.

:f_pink :f_pink :f_pink

gallery_6279_2888_88479.jpg

Hobbes - April 2, 1994 to April 9, 2008-----Tasha - May 23, 2000 to March 31, 2013

Fiona - Aug 29, 2001 to May 5, 2014-----Bailey - March 22, 2001 to Jan 20, 2015

Zeke - June 1, 2004 - Jan 26, 2016----Callie - July 14, 2006 to July 27, 2019

Forever in my heart: Chooch, Molly, Dylan & Lucy

The pictures of your Sahra are beautiful, I am so sorry for your loss. :f_pink:gh_run

med_gallery_14228_2915_582.jpg
Roberta & Michael with Furkids- Flower (Shasta Flowers 6/7/06) & Rascal the kitty - Missing our sweet angels - Max(M's Mad Max) 10/12/02 - 12/3/15, Sara (Sara Raves 6/30/01 - 4/13/12) Queenie & Pandora the kitties - gone but never forgotten