Chase Episode

Tracey

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aw, jeez. What a miserable scare. Hope from the bottom of my heart that that's all it was -- a scare that will never happen again.

Sending many hugs.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest KennelMom

Sending prayers :hope

Echo had an incident like you described years ago...a seizure of some sort. She's never had one since *knock wood*...I suspect it was tick disease related.

What an unnerving experience for you and for Chase. It sounds as if you've got a great vet and that makes dealing with medical mysteries somewhat less stressful.

Having dealt with seizures, a stroke, and vestibular disease in 3 of my animals, I wish Chase a swift and uneventful recovery and nice treatable diagnosis.

--Lucy

gallery_2398_3082_9958.jpg
Lucy with Greyhound Nate and OSH Tinker. With loving memories of MoMo (FTH Chyna Moon), Spirit, Miles the slinky kitty (OSH), Piper "The Perfect" (Oneco Chaplin), Winston, Yoda, Hector, and Claire.

Simon had a similar episode over the summer: Thread

He recovered fine in a few hours and hasn't had an issue since. I hope the same for your boy!

Edited to say - Oh, I just looked him up and see that he's not even 5 yet...so geriatric stuff is very unlikely. It does sound vestibular, though. Sending good thoughts for nothing serious!

Edited by ElizabethGPAPS

Rugrat's Rebel (Simon) 09/03/1995-03/22/2010, Silly Savannah 05/14/1995-02/13/2009, Isabella de Moreau the Sloughi 05/15/1993-10/14/2008, Hammy the IG 06/11/04 and ChiChi the Chihuahua 2003

Dr. Matz is still finishing up her surgeries for the day. Receptionist said she has a stack of test results on her desk to go through and I imagine Chase's are among them. So we wait....

...............Chase (FTH Smooth Talker), Morgan (Cata), Reggie (Gable Caney), Rufus
(Reward RJ). Fosters check in, but they don't check out.
Forever loved -- Cosmo (System Br Mynoel), March 11, 2002 - October 8, 2009.
Miss Cosmo was a lady. And a lady always knows when to leave.

Guest greytexplorer
Doesn't she know there are people all over the country waiting for these results... :lol:

Whatchu talking bout, Willis? There are people all over DA WORLD waiting for the results!!! :lol

seriously, though, please keep us posted! :hope

Sorry to keep you all hanging. I got a message from the vet about 1:00 pm and have been trying to connect with her to discuss further. First of all his blood work looked "great" she said. Only thing, which isn't even a thing, was his red blood count was a little high, 62, but she said that was normal "for a Greyhound".

As for his heart, she said the EKG definitely captured the irregular beats and that they were atrial premature transmissions which means they originated at the top portion of his heart. She said they weren't frequent enough to be causing clinical disease but if he had had a run of them during his episode on Wednesday it could have been the cause of it. So she wants to go ahead with the ultrasound on Monday to get a better look at his heart. They have a radiologist coming in and this is all he does so Chase should be in good hands. We're supposed to drop him off around 10 on Monday morning and pick him up in the afternoon.

We still have some additional questions for Dr. Matz so we're waiting for a call back from her, but that's what we know right now. Thanks for all the continued good thoughts; keep them coming!

By the way, Chase is totally fine today. He's snuggled on the couch between me and Jason right now with his head on my leg. That's why his second name is Cuddles. :-*

...............Chase (FTH Smooth Talker), Morgan (Cata), Reggie (Gable Caney), Rufus

Guest Energy11

Hey, Tracey! Love and hugs to you and your Chase! Hopefully, things will work out well for you guys... I PMed you, and I mean what I said! Love ya! Dee and The Five

Oh, this is just not happening! Sending many prayers of healing and hugs of comfort.

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

Our awesome vet called us about 8:30 Friday night and patiently answered all our questions. We just wanted to make sure this ultrasound was the next logical step and now feel that it is. I'm supposed to drop him off by 9 am this morning and pick him up sometime this afternoon.

Just to let you know, it may be sometime tonight before I can update. Additionally, the radiologist's report probably won't be until tomorrow, so I may not get the full scoop until Tuesday night or sometime Wednesday. In the meantime, lots of good thoughts for a "good looking heart" would be greatly appreciated!!!