Chase Episode

Tracey

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thought you all might like t know that Cathie talked to Tracey. They are still at the vet's. Chase is having a full blood panel and an EKG. He is acting normal, for Chase that is - the big Goober!

Keep praying. They need to know what happened and that it won't happen again.

Casual Bling & Hope for Hounds
Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.

:ohno Sending lots and lots of good thoughts for Chase!! :ohno Poor boy :(

:goodluck :goodluck :candle:goodluck :goodluck

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

Lots of prayers for Chase from his very worried Mama Banjo and Brudder Stickman.

and his brudder Pippin...

Mary Semper Fi, Dad - I miss you. Remembering Carla Benoist, a Greyhound/Pibble's bestest friend, Princess Zoe Brick-Butt, the little IG with the huge impact on hearts around the world - Miz Foxy - Greyhound Trish - Batman, the Roman-nosed Gentleman - Profile, the Handsome Man - Hunky the Hunkalicious - Jeany the Beautiful Lady- Zema, the most beautiful girl in the world - Jessie, the lovable nuisance - and my 3 Greys: my Angie-girl, my Casey-girl, and The Majestic Pippin, running forever in my heart. (I will always love you and miss you,my friends)

Wishing the best for Chase. I know that is horribly frightening.

FYI, mentioning only because is sounds so similar. My sister has a little mutt who starting with episodes that confused GP vet & neurologists. Was having seizures but also symptoms of vestibular. Though he has some heart problems, only clue found for this problem was low serum calcium. Turns out he has hypoparathyroid. Neurologist still says the vestibular symptoms just don't mesh but it did explain the seizures. He gets calcitriol now & is doing soooo much better. It's such an unlikely diagnosis but had to mention it.

Prayers for Chase.

Positive thoughts coming from here. Happy did a similar thing, vet said vestibular, and that was that. 2+ years later, and that was the only episode (that we saw). She recovered fully very quickly.

Chanting going out that it's a one time bobble for Chase, too!

GT-siggy-spring12.jpg

My Inspirations: Grey Pogo, borzoi Katie, Meep the cat, AND MY BELOVED DH!!!
Missing Rowdy, Coco, Brilly, Happy and Wabi.

Sending good thoughts for you and Chase!

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

Sending loads of prayers, Tracey.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Guest wmlcml6

I'll let Tracey and Jason give the details, but they are on their way home with Chase. It could be several things, but we have to wait for the results of the EKG and blood work, and those won't be in until after 2 tomorrow. For now he seems as normal as Chase can be (love you, baby!) and I'm hopeful that it's something that will never happen again, or if it does, it's treatable.

Big Hugs to Tracey and Jason. I suggested they get home and fix a nice adult beverage because this was stressful.

P.S. Thank you so much for all the prayers and well wishes. They are much appreciated, and I'm sure Chase would sit in each and every one of your laps if you let him. All 80+ pounds of him.

Edited by wmlcml6

We're back. We had a full blood panel done and an EKG. Dr. Matz said to call tomorrow at 2 to get the results. She's scheduled Chase for an ultrasound of his heart on Monday when the radiologist will be there. She may cancel it if the results of tomorrow's test show it's not needed. At this point she's not sure if what's going on is neurological or cardiac-related. They detected an irregular heartbeat in addition to the type that Greyhounds tend to get. She said the heartbeat could be a result of what happened or it could be the cause. At this point, she thinks it would be better for Chase (less serious) if it was something neurologic. If it's heart-related she said it could have been due to a small clot being thrown. Anyway, we should hopefully know more tomorrow when the results come back. In the meantime, we're supposed to keep Chase calm and quiet which should be interesting. We were supposed to have a playdate with his brothers Vito and Roux this weekend but that's off for now and we have to leash walk him for potties. Right now he's home and sleeping comfortably. By the way, as expected, Chase was a HUGE baby. We could hear him screaming bloody murder and it turned out it was when they put the clamps on him for the EKG. Nothing that some hugs and biscuits couldn't fix, though. Thanks for the good wishes. They're much appreciated. I'll update when we know more.

...............Chase (FTH Smooth Talker), Morgan (Cata), Reggie (Gable Caney), Rufus
(Reward RJ). Fosters check in, but they don't check out.
Forever loved -- Cosmo (System Br Mynoel), March 11, 2002 - October 8, 2009.
Miss Cosmo was a lady. And a lady always knows when to leave.

Thank you so much for all the prayers and well wishes. They are much appreciated, and I'm sure Chase would sit in each and every one of your laps if you let him. All 80+ pounds of him.

Cathie, we got his weight today since we were there. 91.9 pounds and NOT overweight. She said he is gorgeous and perfect! :)

...............Chase (FTH Smooth Talker), Morgan (Cata), Reggie (Gable Caney), Rufus
(Reward RJ). Fosters check in, but they don't check out.
Forever loved -- Cosmo (System Br Mynoel), March 11, 2002 - October 8, 2009.
Miss Cosmo was a lady. And a lady always knows when to leave.

Guest wmlcml6

I'm disappointed that there won't be a play date, but your mission (and Sandy's) is to schedule the next one very soon once Chase's test results come back clean!

Guest 3greysinPA

I'm glad everyone is home and resting... sending prayers that this is nothing serious and everything gets better from here on ... hugs and biscuits coming your way. :dogcookie:dogcookie:bighug:bighug